Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to split/limit data usage on mobile share plan?

Highlighted
Tutor

How to split/limit data usage on mobile share plan?

My son and I share 6gb of data, but he is using the majority every month.  Is there a way (an app maybe?) that I can split the data evenly between us?  

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by court6
‎12-18-2017 6:18 AM

Re: How to split/limit data usage on mobile share plan?

No, but you can manually shut him off if he exceeds the budget you set for him.  (In the My ATT app, manage his line)

If he has an android, your can cap his data on the phone, but he can change those settings.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Thank you, that's what I figured.  I honestly don't even know how he uses so much.  The only time he's not connected to wifi is when he's riding the bus to/from school.  Before I know it, he's gobbled up 4gb of data.   I've gone through and disabled all the usual suspects, and we'll have to track more closely next month to see what the culprits are.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@court6

Well im not going to set a good example. 4 gigs is modest use to me.   I stream music about 3 hours a day on the road and easily use 5 to 6 gigs a month.  Another tip: each music app has an option to reduce stream quality, which saves about 50% data usage.  If he’s on YouTube it has similar setting options, but should be limited to Wifi.  Good luck.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support