For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
jcr46385's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 7:48 PM

How to disable iphone GPRS?

How was my account debit for GPRS...Call Duration=0min 0sec=$13.77...how can i avoid this happening again by disable or delete it?...this iphone 4s has two many bell and whistle for me...i should have keep Nokia Cingular 1100b simple and know what's being debit...i use it on (PayAsYouGo)  25 cent a minute, $25 for 90 days with Minutes turn over...for 10+ yrs

I have another question...what;s the different between AT&T Gophone.com and PayAsYouGo.com

GPRS

Nature of Call

Local

Number Called 

Calling Number

xxxxxxx

Call Date

02/17/15

Call Time

12:09:09 PM

Timezone

US/Central

Call Duration

0min 0sec

Total Amount

$13.77

Service Used- 

Unit(s) Charged

NA

Call Location

None

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

GPRS is a data charge.  MMS uses data.  or something else used data on the device

MMS does use data but does not charge as data usage. To OP, to stop GPRS charges or any other data charges on an iphone, go to Settings/Cellular and turn off Cellular Data.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@sandblaster 

i still dont get why att allows smart phones on go phone accounts without a data plan.

The only answer I can suggest is that since ATT made a data plan mandatory on all postpaid plans, which angered many people who are convinced they don't need data on their smartphone, the gophone plans have been the only way for customers to have a smartphone without data. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

GPRS is a data charge.  MMS uses data.  or something else used data on the device

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@sandblaster 

i still dont get why att allows smart phones on go phone accounts without a data plan.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

@jcr46385

As mentioned, this is a data charge.
The "pay as you go" is a GoPhone plan for basic phones without a data plan. Rather than pay a fixed amount for a set amount of use, it charges only for usage.

A smart phone should not be activated on a basic phone plan, and this is why.
Turning off cellular data on the phone will not completely prevent mobile data charges. The only way to prevent all mobile data is to have customer service turn off data access on the line.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Hi, don't use PayAsYouGo.com Please!! i should have check it before Posting it... Hey Monitor delete URL instead insert (paygonline.com) or delete the Post...Thanks

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

I have a pay as you go phone - I do not use email - why is the GPRS icon turned on and how do I turn if off - am I being charged for GPRS to be on?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, I contract at&t customer service and requested to turn it off...iphone 4S...copy&paste this link and sign in or you need to setup it up ( phone # & pin #)  to view your cellphone usage >> https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.