Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

Contributor

How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

Just saw a commercial on TV about the unlimited plus plan now including HBO. I have the unlimited plus plan, do how do I access HBO? I tried it from the Direct TV app and also downloaded HBO GO. Both said I can't watch because I don't subscribe.. please help
Message 1 of 39
Contributor

Re: How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

Hi Hippo -

Not certain if you ever got resolution on this, so I'm just going to post what worked for me in case anyone else who reads this finds they have the same issue:

Notice on the ATT.com site in fine print under the listed unlimited plans - Must add TV benefits & premium add-on option at attwatchtv.com/verifywatchtv. Content, programming and channels subj. to change.  Follow the prompts noted on the screen for setup instructions!!!

Download the ATT Watch TV app.  Your HBO service will be there along with 30 free channels that you can easily access on mobile or any other streaming device.  

Hope that helps future users find resolution and peaceful streaming!  

Message 31 of 39
Contributor

Having the same.issue. apparently no one at the company is capable of helping me. @AT&T catch me at Verizon because I'm done with you guys here

Message 32 of 39
ACE - Sage

Did anyone actually read the solution post?   

WatchTV activation is only for the most current unlimited and more premium plans.  The older Unlimited plus activates free HBO through DirecTV Now, as published.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 39
Contributor

I finally got someone on the phone who was able to help. In my case I hadn't selected my "premium" channel through my unlimited plan. I used my PC and logged into WatchTV, selected the "Package" option and then selected HBO from the available channels. I was then immediately able to login to hbogo.com.

Message 34 of 39
Contributor

Unfortunately Direct TV Now is not listed as a provider anymore, only Direct TV - which is causing a lot of confusion. 

If you have ATT Unlimited Plus, you will NOT be able to access HBO Go although we were promised HBO Go for life. You will struggle trying to sign in with a provider (Direct TV NOW), which is no longer there. I could not figure it out as it would constantly give me an error. Tried using ATT Now, ATT TV, ATT Watch TV, Direct TV as providers to no avail.

ATT Unlimited Plus is an older plan that they are trying to get rid of. You need to upgrade your ATT Unlimited Plus to ATT Unlimited & More Plan, which will let you activate your ATT Watch TV log in, which is the provider you will use for your HBO Go app. 

Step 1, check to see if you have the Unlimited Plus or Unlimited & More plan. If you still have Plus, make the upgrade (should be slightly cheaper with the same, if not better benefits).

Step 2, after making the upgrade, activate your ATT Watch TV by logging into ATTWATCHTV.com

Step 3, open HBO Go app and sign in by scrolling through the providers and click on ATT Watch TV - log in with your credentials

Step 4, enjoy HBO Go 🙂 

Message 35 of 39
ACE - Sage

Please don’t suggest people have to change plans.  This is a fixable problem.  

https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/At-amp-t-changing-my-contract-features-without-notifying-...

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 36 of 39
Contributor

Is the HBO with premium wireless able to watch LIVE?

Message 37 of 39
Contributor

I have hbo with cell premium service I have HBO GO working.  Question can I watch HBO live anyway?

Message 38 of 39
ACE - Sage

@Dondaleyjr   1.  There is no benefit to watching live.  2.  No.  Not unless you subscribe to a live TV service through At&t.  

Message 39 of 39
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support