Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

Contributor

How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

Just saw a commercial on TV about the unlimited plus plan now including HBO. I have the unlimited plus plan, do how do I access HBO? I tried it from the Direct TV app and also downloaded HBO GO. Both said I can't watch because I don't subscribe.. please help
Message 1 of 39
Contributor

Re: How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

I have no Tv service with ATT. So, when I checked for eligibilty for HBO using my phone number, it said 

Message 16 of 39
ACE - Sage

@dfsdfds

The HBO offer is if you have the new unlimited plans.  You can access it on HBO Go this way:

1) Go to DirectTVnow
2) Click start free trial
3) DO NOT immediately type in your email address, etc., to create an account
4) DO click on Verify Your Number link to enter your ATT phone number to get your free HBO account
5) After typing in your phone number, you receive a text message you need to respond to for verfication
6) You then type in your email address and pick a password
7) You get two options - HBO free or HBO plus Live TV. The second option costs $10 a month. Be sure to click the first for just HBO for free. You can then logout of DirectTV.
😎 Download HBOGo app. Choose DirectTVNow as your provider when setting up your HBOGo account. You'll need to type in your DirectTVNow email address and password to verify DirectTVNow is your provider. You'll then be able to set up and HBOGo account.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 39
ACE - Sage

@jenbruin93 wrote:

Having the same issue as others.  After several calls/chats with AT&T and DirectTV and HOURS spent trying to solve the problem I get the same error message.  I agree that it appears this is a bogus offer.  Beyond disgusted.  I challenge AT&T to reduce my bill by $15/mo to cover the cost of HBO thru Comcast.

@jenbruin93  If you have Comcast, you are not going to get HBO free from ATT on your Comcast bill.  The offer is free HBO for you is a stand alone channel.  You can signup as in the previous post and watch HBO GO

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 39

This is what I have repeatedly tried- doesn't work!
Message 19 of 39

I realize it will not be thru Comcast, but since the AT&T offer appears to be bogus I may have to buy it thru Comcast 😞
Message 20 of 39
ACE - Sage

It isn’t bogus.  

How far do you get in the steps?

Message 21 of 39

I get the error message when they attempt to validate my cell number.
Message 22 of 39
Contributor

Hey guys, I’m having the same issue. I’ve punched my number in, and this is a few months after I’ve made the switch to unlimited plus, and the website continues to tell me that I am ineligible for the offer. Please email me quickly, I would appreciate some resolve.  

Message 23 of 39
Contributor

same thing happening to me. No one has been able to help me or solve this issue. 

Message 24 of 39
ACE - Expert

@Jf402k This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one is going to email you from your post here. You can contact @ATTMobilityCare via private message but presuming you are getting the EMO discount, you might have better luck calling the EMO support number.

Message 25 of 39
Contributor

I was just told by an ATT rep that the "primary phone number" on the account is the ONLY one with access to HBO.

I checked and they were right - the principal phone# (xxx) xxx-x214 signed in and worked fine.

ALL of the other phone numbers on the account gave the above mentioned error message.

So it seems you have to share that access with all the phone numbers on the account.  Which stinks seeing as you are limited to two concurrent streams at a time.

Message 26 of 39

Same problem. Unlimited Plus, but it says I am not eligible. I had it for several months before it was taken away. Then tried again and other two people on account, including primary. All not eligible. All Unlimited Plus. Did you ever figure this out? After 6 hours on phone w/ AT&T, and getting disconnected via chat by a supervisor, still no answer or help.

-Bonnie

Message 27 of 39
Contributor

Call and double check what number is primary for the Directv-NOW.  Though my father is listed as the primary name on the account my phone is listed as the primary phone number and is the one with access to Directv-NOW.

Also you will need to tie that number to Directv-Now and create a login if you haven't already:

Here is a link for that purpose: https://dfw3-auth-api.att.com/consent/consent

It will have you text a word to a number at ATT to authorize you account to have access.  

Message 28 of 39
Contributor

What worked for me was to have someone in the store reset my unlimited plan. After that I created a new att account. I then used the link att.com/unlimitedwithhbo on the primary account holders phone. After it verified the number had access I chose to use existing att account which was the new one created after unlimited plan was redone. That’s the key, have them redo your plan and set up a new account to tie into directtvnow. 

Message 29 of 39
Contributor

Same here. Called Att - no help - sent me to DirecTV.

DTV wouldn't help - just read from a script and tried to sell me equipment protect for $100 - seriously WOULDN"T HELP just kept reading and selling.

Back on the phone with ATT and now they're telling me I have to be a DTV subscriber for $35 a month to be eligible for my "Free" HBO... WT F ATT?

Message 30 of 39
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support