Need your talk or text logs?
LeAnn66's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 16th, 2017 7:49 PM

How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

Just saw a commercial on TV about the unlimited plus plan now including HBO. I have the unlimited plus plan, do how do I access HBO? I tried it from the Direct TV app and also downloaded HBO GO. Both said I can't watch because I don't subscribe.. please help

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I get the error message when they attempt to validate my cell number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hey guys, I’m having the same issue. I’ve punched my number in, and this is a few months after I’ve made the switch to unlimited plus, and the website continues to tell me that I am ineligible for the offer. Please email me quickly, I would appreciate some resolve.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

same thing happening to me. No one has been able to help me or solve this issue. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Jf402k This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one is going to email you from your post here. You can contact @ATTMobilityCare via private message but presuming you are getting the EMO discount, you might have better luck calling the EMO support number.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I was just told by an ATT rep that the "primary phone number" on the account is the ONLY one with access to HBO.

I checked and they were right - the principal phone# (xxx) xxx-x214 signed in and worked fine.

ALL of the other phone numbers on the account gave the above mentioned error message.

So it seems you have to share that access with all the phone numbers on the account.  Which stinks seeing as you are limited to two concurrent streams at a time.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Same problem. Unlimited Plus, but it says I am not eligible. I had it for several months before it was taken away. Then tried again and other two people on account, including primary. All not eligible. All Unlimited Plus. Did you ever figure this out? After 6 hours on phone w/ AT&T, and getting disconnected via chat by a supervisor, still no answer or help.

-Bonnie

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Call and double check what number is primary for the Directv-NOW.  Though my father is listed as the primary name on the account my phone is listed as the primary phone number and is the one with access to Directv-NOW.

Also you will need to tie that number to Directv-Now and create a login if you haven't already:

Here is a link for that purpose: https://dfw3-auth-api.att.com/consent/consent

It will have you text a word to a number at ATT to authorize you account to have access.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

What worked for me was to have someone in the store reset my unlimited plan. After that I created a new att account. I then used the link att.com/unlimitedwithhbo on the primary account holders phone. After it verified the number had access I chose to use existing att account which was the new one created after unlimited plan was redone. That’s the key, have them redo your plan and set up a new account to tie into directtvnow. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same here. Called Att - no help - sent me to DirecTV.

DTV wouldn't help - just read from a script and tried to sell me equipment protect for $100 - seriously WOULDN"T HELP just kept reading and selling.

Back on the phone with ATT and now they're telling me I have to be a DTV subscriber for $35 a month to be eligible for my "Free" HBO... WT F ATT?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi Hippo -

Not certain if you ever got resolution on this, so I'm just going to post what worked for me in case anyone else who reads this finds they have the same issue:

Notice on the ATT.com site in fine print under the listed unlimited plans - Must add TV benefits & premium add-on option at attwatchtv.com/verifywatchtv. Content, programming and channels subj. to change.  Follow the prompts noted on the screen for setup instructions!!!

Download the ATT Watch TV app.  Your HBO service will be there along with 30 free channels that you can easily access on mobile or any other streaming device.  

Hope that helps future users find resolution and peaceful streaming!  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.