Need your talk or text logs?
sftechiegirl's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 2:56 AM

How often does AT&T update data usage online?

I am on a mobile share plan with 6 iPhones on my plan.  On 4 of the 6 lines, usage doesn't update on a regular basis.  I just checked online and the last time data usage was updated was 10/21. 

This makes it hard to control our usage when AT&T doesn't accurately display how much data we have actually used.  I understand there is a bit of a delay, but 9 days seems to be a bit excessive. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@sftechiegirl wrote:

I am on a mobile share plan with 6 iPhones on my plan.  On 4 of the 6 lines, usage doesn't update on a regular basis.  I just checked online and the last time data usage was updated was 10/21. 

This makes it hard to control our usage when AT&T doesn't accurately display how much data we have actually used.  I understand there is a bit of a delay, but 9 days seems to be a bit excessive. 

Normally 2 to 5 days, but have seen up to 10 in case of roaming on partner networks, pretty difficult to be any more accurate since some of the information may need to come from other carriers billing systems that att either has a roaming contract with or a bill per use account for cell coverage. Pretty much standard with verizon and sprint also for the delay

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks wingrider!

sftechiegirl - here's an article that contains the info wingrider provided plus some additional details. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52377#fbid=G9C1qiYG3P6

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I understand the there is a delay on reporting of roaming data, but this is not roaming.  My data usage hasn't been updated at all in 10 days, roaming or non-roaming.  I've been an AT&T customer for many many years and have not had this problem until switching to mobile share. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.