Need your talk or text logs?
TLC1105's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 11:41 PM

How is this Legal ATT forcing me to get cable service with my unlimited cell phone plan?????

I received this text msg today as if I was told when transferring to an unlimited plan that I had to use ATT cable service!
1st how is it legal to force someone to get a completely separate/different product that they do not wish to have need or mentioned.

2nd I will not be bullied by ATT and will be taking this issue as far as I can! I was completely lied to and did not like the way the customer service rep demanded that I choose ATT Uverse or Direct TV before 30 days today when I called to make sure ATT was indeed sending me the below text

I'm completely turned off by ATT and want to end my service immediately

AT&T Free Msg: Thank you for choosing the AT&T Unlimited Plan. Having our TV service is a requirement for this plan. To avoid having this plan removed from your account and changed to a different plan which may result in a higher monthly bill, please call 877-710-9277 to confirm you do have our TV service

Guru

• 

321 Messages

8 years ago

It's been a requirement to have Direct TV or U-verse since they introduced the new unlimited plan. Check the requirements on their website.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html#legal

Copied from the website:

you must have DIRECTV or U-verse TV to get the AT&T Unlimited Plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Thats part of the deal with unlimited data take it or leave it.  Its not like its not in the terms and conditions or on the page selling unlimited data.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

AGREED. I called in and was LIED TO about price. I wanted to up my service data amount. SUMMER lied to me about the price, MIKE with direct TV confirmed the price. Called and finally got STEVE, a manager, and this still isn't resolved. NO call back. The price SUMMER quoted on the phone was for TV AND Phone. Then I get confirmation emails early the next morning showing price amount that are completely different AND saying I am not bound to a contract that I did not agree too EVER. PULL THE TAPE!!! I'm so discusted with ATT. I also will take this as far as I can. Is that even legal!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Are you writing to say you switched plans and just ignored the TV requirement?  

It has been very clear from the day the plan was offered that it was a package deal.

Why do you think the rules don't apply to you?

I suggest you ask for your old plan back.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Crysnraul

The Price on the unlimited plan is so simple, it's not possible to mis quote.

$100 for line one, $40 for line 2 and 3 line 4 is credited after month 3. Must be a smartphone to qualify.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The requirements are totally legal. Just because you can switch to unlimited on myAT&T without verifying DirecTV or Uverse service doesn't mean you're entitled to keep it.

After 60-90 days the system will check for the required services and if someone doesn't have the necessary services, you're gonna get a notification telling you the unlimited plan will be switched to something else.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Liz. Wait. What? I pay that for 15 MB already. 100 then 40 per line. For unlimited they are saying I have to pay 462.91 a month!!! Of course that's what they saying now. That wasn't original agreed upon price!!
PS If it is so easy then why do I get a different number depending on who I talk to? JUST SAYING....

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@Crysnraul

The different number each time you call in situation is fairly easy to explain too. Reps who, quite likely, don't want to put the effort in to doing the actual math to get the best, and most accurate, approximation of what your specific monthly bill will be under the new plan.  They just glance over your current bill and ballpark.  Oh, and don't forget there are also reps who will say what they think you're wanting to hear just to get you to sign up for the new plan.  I've seen it happen.  Doesn't make it right, but it does happen.   Tricky part is, there could very well have been a good rep in there somewhere who did put the effort in to doing calculations to get an accurate number for you, but, the trouble is, trying to figure out which one the "good" one was, if there was one.  That's why, if you see a new plan advertised in which you are interested it pays, sometimes literally, to log on, take a look at a few bills to get an average of what you're spending each month under your current plan, then go on and read all of the fine print on this new plan you're considering, then do the math accounting for the new plan's figures, and compare the two sets of calculations.  That way, once you know your own calculations are as accurate as possible, you'll have a fact checking method when you call in to make the plan change. 

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Crysnraul

How many lines do you have? For the unlimited plan it is:

• 1 line $100
  • 2 lines $140
  • 3 lines $180
  • 4 lines $180

An additional $40 for every line after 4. This doesn't include any Next payments or taxes and gov't fees. The TV service is additional; not included.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Next payments have to be taken into account when pricing any plan. I can tell someone unlimited for 3 lines is $220 but that isn't the final bill. If they have 3 iPhone 6s at 25 each it'll be $295. Before taxes and extras like insurance, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.