Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: How do I add hot spot to my current plan?

Contributor

How do I add hot spot to my current plan?

Hi, I currently have an unlimited date plan on my phone. It I want to add hotspots so I can share it to my iPad or other devices in places with no wifi.

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Marialola7
‎05-04-2018 6:30 AM

The unlimited plus plan allows you 15 gigs of shared data via the phones hot spot.  

You cannot add a separate mobile hotspot to an unlimited data plan anymore.  You can purchase a hotspot on a limited plan, or a pay per use prepaid plan 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Hi, I'm inquiring on setting up a wifi hot spot for a business phone that is paid by Wells Fargo bank. The purpose would to be able to use this hot spot to have internet access with a business laptop. Please let me know what information is needed and how I go about ordering this.

Thank you,

Angela B[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Sage

@angela.d.bell

If your plan plan allows it, you don’t need to contact ATT, just turn it on and connect your laptop as you would to any other WiFi 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Please send instructions on how to turn it on.

Thank you,

Angie

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

@angela.d.bell wrote:
Please send instructions on how to turn it on.

Thank you,

Angie

That is phone dependent but probably something like go to settings, find personal hotspot, turn it on.

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

How would I go about adding mobile hotspot to my current metro PC's phone plan??

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@DebbienMark wrote:

How would I go about adding mobile hotspot to my current metro PC's phone plan??

@DebbienMark That is a question for metro pcs.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support