Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How can I retrieve past text messages

Contributor

How can I retrieve past text messages

I need to find my text messages dated back from October 2015 to Jan 2017

the phone number is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]. name is Debbie

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by (Professor)
Accepted by Busternutt
‎03-06-2017 3:17 PM

Re: How can I retrieve past text messages

Sorry.  If you use ATT message backup and sync you have 90 days saved.  Otherwise the content is gone.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Hmm, I guess I better get my lil ole self over to my account services and find out if I have message backup and sync which I really doubt.  My mother passed nearly 2 years ago and tonight, December 30th, 2017 I came across text conversations I had with mom.  Must be a blessing since it's well over 90 days.  Created a community account this eve to ask if there was a simple 'save conversation to file' but better get on with plan B. Ctrl-a, save...Page down Ctrl-a.  Archaic but effective.

Happy New Year ya'll

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I need to find my tex massage dated 02/21/2018 from my number 8189225543 thank you 

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support