Helpful Links

Helpful Information about Messaging

Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Helpful Information about Messaging

Here's an overview of the different types of messaging available through AT&T:

AT&T Text Messaging includes:

• Mobile to mobile text messaging - Send and receive short text messages between your wireless device and virtually any other wireless device in the U.S. Just send your text message to your recipient's 10-digit wireless phone number. You can even exchange messages with those in many international destinations.
  • Instant messaging/mobile instant messaging - Send or receive instant messages using AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) or Yahoo! Messenger.
  • IM forwarding - Forward your AIM or Yahoo! instant messages directly to your wireless phone to reply or send instant messages directly when you're away from your computer.
  • PC-to-mobile instant messaging - Send AIM or Yahoo! Instant Messages from your computer to friends and family, using their AT&T wireless phone number.
  • PC-to-mobile text messaging - Send and receive short emails from myAT&T.
  • Email messaging - Send and receive short emails on your phone by using the phone's unique email address.
  • Information alerts - Get news, stock quotes, sports scores, entertainment news, or other information as it happens. Information is sent directly to your wireless device's display. Sign up for your favorite topics.
  • Group messaging - Send a text message to multiple recipients from your wireless phone.

Here's the article with this information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52379#fbid=Z6SDS7kpLnk

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
Former Community Manager

Re: Helpful Information about Messaging

Also, check out these other helpful articles about messaging:

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support