For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
DotHQ's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, October 15th, 2008 3:38 PM

Closed

Having to reboot because air card become unresponsive

Hi,
New here and looking for a solution.  I've had my air card for over a year. 
I connect using XP on a dell workstation and all goes well but at some point no web pages will complete loading.  I try to bring up a known good page such as google to verify the card is not making the connection.  Once that fails I have closed the Communcation Manager and tried to restart.  Nothing every shows up.  I have to reboot.  Once rebooted I can start up communications manager and work as normal. 
This has been happening 5 times a day. 
Any ideas what I might do to fix this?
Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

I have been running all day and not had to reboot once.  Any other day I would have rebooted 5 or 6 times by now.
The upgrade fixed it. 
Thanks again!!!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

Some additional info:

I am running version 6.2.10.0  
When I click tools/check for updates  .... I never see anything really happen.  I've assumed it was checking and would do whatever needed done ... but I expected a pop up window to show me the gory details.  That has never happened.

Just had to reboot again.  This is driving me bonkers.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

16 years ago

@DotHQ wrote:
Hi,
New here and looking for a solution.  I've had my air card for over a year. 
I connect using XP on a dell workstation and all goes well but at some point no web pages will complete loading.  I try to bring up a known good page such as google to verify the card is not making the connection.  Once that fails I have closed the Communcation Manager and tried to restart.  Nothing every shows up.  I have to reboot.  Once rebooted I can start up communications manager and work as normal. 
This has been happening 5 times a day. 
Any ideas what I might do to fix this?
Thanks!

It sounds like your computer may be turning off power to your aircard.

Try updating AT&T Communication Manager to version 6.8.19 (downloadable at att.com/acm) and see if there's also a firmware update available for your device.

If it's a Sierra Wireless device, go to http://www.sierrawireless.com and click on Support.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

Thank you very much for the info.  I'll try all that and go from there. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

I've downloaded and am in the process of installed the latest version of Communicaton Mgr and the install shield wizard says it's installing drivers, please wait.  The bar is 100% full but the next button is still grayed out.  It said it would take about 10 minutes but it's already been 30 minutes.
Anyone else seen this type of response from the installshield for the Communication Mgr software?

I checked task mgr and nothing at all is going on.  No processes running at all.

Any clue what I should do next?
TIA

Message Edited by DotHQ on 10-16-2008 04:21:58 AM

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

I hard rebooted the machine and Communications Mgr now shows the new version number and it works okay ...so I'm good to go.
Thanks for the help!!!!

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

16 years ago

@DotHQ wrote:
I have been running all day and not had to reboot once.  Any other day I would have rebooted 5 or 6 times by now.
The upgrade fixed it. 
Thanks again!!!!!

Yay! Glad you were able to find a fix that worked. Smiley Very Happy
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.