For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Jlakers1's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 13th, 2014 2:33 PM

Group text message recipient limit

Please remove the group text message recipient limit you have in place.  Right now anyone on your network can only send a group text message to 10 people.  This makes it very difficult for those of us trying to communicate with little league teams, football teams, basketball teams, or any other groups of kids/parents to provide them with information quickly and effectively.  My friends on Verizon don't have issues with this using the same exact phone with the same exact settings.  I don't want to have to switch to Verizon because of this, but I am willing to if this can't be resolved quickly.  

Thanks for your help.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Please remove the limit. I would in health care and we have a group of 18 and I receive but am unable to reply.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It's ridiculous that this issue has continued for so long.  I read an AT&T Representative in another thread mentioned the 10 person limit is to avoid spam?

https://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Group-text-limit-AT-amp-T-PLEASE-REMOVE/td-p/4280652

Well, I have friends on Verizon and Sprint.  There is a 12 person group text going around, initiated by a Sprint user.  I do RECEIVE the group message, and all replies from Verizon and Sprint friends, however I am not able to reply, and neither is another friend who is on AT&T.  

So, if what the AT&T Rep is saying in the other thread is true that "AT&T is committed to limiting spam messaging over our network so we limit group messaging to 10 people at a time.", then they are only committed to prevent us from sending spam, NOT from receiving it!

AT&T, kindly revisit this issue and increase the limit!

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Anyone know if AT&T can actually fix this?  It's 2017 and nothing has changed, likely some kind of limitation within their software that they are not able to change.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I was hoping for light at the end of the tunnel, but this sucks!  My texts look ridiculous right now.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hello? Is ATT watching this thread?

I also need to send group msgs to my sports team and having this 10-limitation is really a big setback.

Can't you make it a user setting so each customer can set their own limit. Default to 10, but allow them to change to X.

Come on ATT. This can't be that hard to implement, and it's been 3 years since the first complaint.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is still an issue, after 3 years.... can you please fix this at&t? Your service is the only one I actually can get coverage in my home and work, but this is extremely frustrating- I would be switching if I could,

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

As of 12/2017, AT&T still has not changed the 10 contact limit for group texting. My children are on several baseball teams and when a group text comes through to 15 people I receive 35 replies in 15 different text. Can't keep up with dates and times cause all information is speed out. Has anyone from AT&T replied to anyone's comment? What good is this forum if AT&T doesn't consider any input? 

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T because I was told it was better. I have had one aggravation after another since the switch. 

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

When you were on Verizon, did it keep the text messages together and not split them into multiple random text messages?  And were you also able to reply?  If so, I think I have to switch to Verizon.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

They surely stay together in one thread on Verizon.  It's very annoying on AT&T to have to download an app like GroupMe just to be in a group chat.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Remove the limit! Another disgruntled user here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.