For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Why do you have to get personal? Your comments either serve to troll the
users who see this as an actual problem or serve no purpose at all. Either
way it's no sweat off my back if you perceive me as a kid complaining.

As long as this company sees that this is something a portion of it's
customer base wants.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Getting multiple people to down load a third party app is ridiculous. You need to raise or elemenate the limit. Please do something about this or I will be forced to take my business elsewhere. Even people that still have flip phones can respond to more than 10 people. Absolutely ridiculous!

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

If you've read the thread and all others like it the solution of "taking your business elsewhere" is going to be the only solution at this time. There is nothing that can be done to change this. It's a system-wide, company-wide policy that has remained at 10 for the longest period of time.

It probably will never change.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@David606 wrote:

If you've read the thread and all others like it the solution of "taking your business elsewhere" is going to be the only solution at this time. There is nothing that can be done to change this. It's a system-wide, company-wide policy that has remained at 10 for the longest period of time.

It probably will never change.

Unless enough customers actually do take their business elsewhere because of it but despite the strong feelings of those on this thread, I suspect the number of customers actually willing to do that is extremely small.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Or switch to Verizon, this way you won't inconvenience everyone else on group text who don't have the proble.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

This is a problem and for someone to get on this thread and be a representative of AT&T and say take your business else where is ridiculous. Further more to say this is the way it is always been and there are policies in place to prevent the change is also ridiculous as anything can be changed when all administrators are sitting around a table at a COMPANY MEETING.

I had to learn the hard way of this POLICY when I got put on my departments tactical team and couldn't let other team members know I was responding because we had 12 people in are group text.

Why will AT&T not listen to the customers and maybe offer an extra fee to add this feature. Why is the only way to complain through a thread on this website to have a customer service rep reply with a standard answer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The replies from AT&T are more frustrating than the problem it's self. It is a correctable problem that that choose to not address. And label as our problem. My payment is important just not my customer satisfaction. Nice. I learned a lot about my carrier today and it saddens me that after about a decade with their service that I will have to consider changing. And over a few lines of code that they refuse to rewrite. Nice.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Plenty of people have an issue with it and have a right to complain.  If enough people complain maybe AT&T will do something about, that's how complaints work.  And if Verizon people are complaining about 20 then maybe AT&T should consider raising it to 30.  But you have to admit that a limit of 10 is a little absurd...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I ran into the same problem!! Only 10 people allowed in group!! Then the group of 13 friends of Verizon and other carriers were sending me messages and pics and I will not get them neither I could send them messages, it will display "failure to send message" try again. And tried several times with no success!
It is a real problem when you have group of family members wanting to send well wishes, happy birthdays..etc pictures or videos and we the ATT customers are not getting those messages or pics because there are over 10 people in conversation group😱 😢Please ATT follow Verison and other carriers allowing up to 20 or more people in conversation group!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.