Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Then express customer dissatisfaction. Simple.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am super frustrated with AT&T because I just encountered this problem today when my friends and I (12 including me) made a group chat for our group. I'm the only one that can't respond, but I can see everything they send. Even more aggravating, one of my friends in the chat has AT&T as well but she has no problems with this!!! What's the deal AT&T?????

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Well if this is any help to anyone, I use Pushbullet, its a really nice Chrome/iOS/Android app that allows texting from the computer.  May be worth a shot.  But I do agree the limit to 10 people is unacceptable in 2016...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Also, it's not a text replacement app, just allows for texting from the computer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ok I work for a volunteer fire department and a majority of our work related communication is via text. We have 15 members of our dept, and I'm the only one who can not communicate in the group message. This is unacceptable.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jaytongret wrote:
Ok I work for a volunteer fire department and a majority of our work related communication is via text. We have 15 members of our dept, and I'm the only one who can not communicate in the group message. This is unacceptable.

It has been an ongoing complaint for years and ATT has chosen not to change the policy. At this time (and the foreseeable future) your only options are 3rd party apps or to change carrier.  I guess there is a 3rd option; stick around and complain about it. But you can see what that has achieved.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

this may not be broken, but it is an issue that needs to be re-evaluated. maybe when the 10 person limit was put in place there were outdated reasons why it was needed, but in today's society where mass messaging is quite normal (students and adults alike) it should be looked at. I am not saying to impose an unlimited thread, but maybe start by doubling the current limit or tripling it. 30 people at once is not uncommon as this thread would prove. please ATT, address this issue. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

ATT--this is not a solution. you are saying that we need to go off network (a service to which we pay for) in order to do a common task. It's not 3rd party apps problem, it is your problem. 

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

Actually it's not ATT's problem, it is yours. If you buy a car that only seats 5 adults when there are 7 of you, you can't demand the manufacturer to fix the "problem". You get a motel room with two beds, you can't demand the manager come up with a third bed. You signed up for wireless service with a text limit of 10. It is up to you to find a solution.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hasn't always been limited to ten.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.