Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Group text limit - AT&T PLEASE REMOVE

Teacher

Group text limit - AT&T PLEASE REMOVE

This message is intended for AT&T::
PLEASE remove the group text limit of 10 people. It is very frustrating to use this feature with such an absurd limitation. What's the point of group text? I've contacted Apple and read numerous posts on this forum and the issues lies with AT&T.

Please respond to this message.
Message 1 of 163
Mentor

Re: Group text limit - AT

You would have to create your own group which doesn't help your situation
because the conversation you're in wouldn't follow you.
Message 151 of 163
Tutor

Please read the original question. He asked if he wanted to reply to only some of the group.
Message 152 of 163
Contributor

Re: Group text limit - AT&T PLEASE REMOVE

This is no solution... your competitors allow more people that 10. I have NEVER heard of someone complaining about the number of people on a group text. Your policy actually impedes communication.  Please change your policy to at least be equitable to your competitors. 

Message 153 of 163

Spammers already know how to get around this limit by using programs that batch messages in groups of 10 or less.  So you're just punishing casual users with a legitimate need and not solving any problem - noble, but not thought through. 

I manage 2 soccer teams, and frequently have last minute announcements where email isn't fast enough.  So I have to send 10-12 messages, cutting/pasting the same message.  I also have a large family where text messaging is also more effective, and have to send at least 2 messages to communicate something.  And the worst part of this is that anybody that replies only replies to part of the full group, making group dialog impossible.   Seriously considering Verizon or Sprint, as this is yet another drawback to AT&T.

Message 154 of 163
Mentor

How do I just get out of this plan and go to another carrier?
Message 155 of 163
Tutor

Good Afternoon AT&T,

I'm in a 12 person group text for the military as our fastest response option for our Fatality Search and Recovery Team.  

We're expected to respond, and I have to then go and respond only to our supervision because of this dumb rule.  

I can understand limiting to say 20, to prevent bots from spamming 1000 numbers at a time, but 10?!  Text spam is barely a problem these days, however tons of us would love this "Spam Preventing Measure" removed or at least modified to not interfere with our lives.  

Just tossing my message on here as one more person who could really benefit from changing the value from 10 to anything higher.

Best Regards,

- Chris W

Message 156 of 163
Mentor

I agree, but AT&T rather act stubborn and create a rule that doesn't exist
and punish atl their customers. Sounds like the government shutdown huh?
Guess that's why customers are leaving. My company will be leaving soon.
That's right, AT&T, you're about to loose about 7500 lines. Do the math!!!!
Message 157 of 163

This is nonsense. My kid's hockey team often text each other and I'm the only one who can't join in the group conversation. I will switch to another service provider. 

Message 158 of 163
Contributor

I agree with you this is garbage! 

Message 159 of 163
Tutor

If other people can send group texts to more than 10, and I receive them but cannot respond, that kinda defeats the intention of preventing spam - Others can spam me. This is an old policy and needs to be revised to meet modern demands.

Message 160 of 163
Teacher

our pleas fall on deaf ears...

Message 161 of 163
Mentor

Yeah, crazy rule. That's why I'm leaving.
Message 162 of 163
Mentor

True
Message 163 of 163
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support