Need your talk or text logs?
CKron1's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 13th, 2015 7:32 PM

Group text limit - AT&T PLEASE REMOVE

This message is intended for AT&T::
PLEASE remove the group text limit of 10 people. It is very frustrating to use this feature with such an absurd limitation. What's the point of group text? I've contacted Apple and read numerous posts on this forum and the issues lies with AT&T.

Please respond to this message.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Not true Verizon is 18 and T-Mobile is 100

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I second the request - this limitation is not acceptable. The Internet is overrun with people trying to figure this out because we use text messaging such that this limitation simply will not work.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The more you add the more chance for issues. Just because X carrier has a different limit doesnt mean Y carrier's network technology is identical or the load on the network is either. Verizon is CDMA. T-Mobile doesn't have 120 million subscribers. Variations matter here. Even going up to 20 opens the door for a flood of technical support interactions because of the expectation to troubleshoot why it isn't working with a recipient or two. Why someone in the group isn't getting any messages or why someone else can't send to the group. Issues with media being sent to 20 users or delays in receipt. SMS was never intended to be a platform for broadcasting to large groups..

I give the same advice to everyone...if this does not fit your needs then I always say go with who can. This limit has existed forever and probably won't change. Spam isn't a problem because it never had a chance to thrive in the first place. This notion that oh it's now 2016 and it needs to go up isn't exactly the right way of thinking. SMS is still ancient tech compared to modern cellular tech. It keeps getting older and older.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I also have this problem we use group message for work there are 16 in it. I do understand why ATT feels the need to limit it and I understand email and maybe a different app but I really don't see me being able to tell my boss that everyone needs to get the app or use email there are only 2 of us with ATT everyone else has Verizon ( they do not have a limit) I would like to see them give us a choice on weather or not we want this limit.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am involved with sports and the team had decided to use group texts to communicate. I need to be able to respond to more than 10 people at a time. Email is not a valid nor adequate response from att. I need att to adjust a completely outdated policy and do what's best for their customers by removing the cap otherwise I'm afraid I will have to take my business elsewhere. I hate saying this being a long time att customer, but my team is more important to me than my phone company.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hate to be blunt, but start looking because ATT is pretty adamant about this and isn't going to change. I've not seen ATT change a policy over a threat to take business to another carrier. This is not an official ATT answer, just an observation by a lowly customer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have been a customer for quite a long time as well, and I have to say that it is BEYOND frustrating to not be able to participate in group texting because I am the only member of a large group that is unfortunate enough to have AT & T.  Clearly your clientelle is wanting more from you and to have this limit removed. You are limiting us in a world where technology is supposed to be making our lives easier, not more difficult.  To suggest that we email instead or download a group texting app is absurd and antiquated logic.  You need to give your public what it wants- more options, more versatility, and better technological advances because if you don't, we will find someone who will.  To me, ability to text more than 10 people at a time is worth more than the "extra minutes" or better pricing because you are creating barriers for me that I can't work around and adding frustration to my life many times per day when I didn't get an important text.  Wake up AT & T.. it's 2016.  I want more from my cell phone provider.. time to shop around!! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I totally agree!! We are paying of our phones and swapping to Verizon do I
can communicate with our travel team parents.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

I don't understand why you are all raising your blood pressure and frustration level over this issue. Just switch carriers and simplify your lives.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I plan to and they are going to lose my home phone contract as well.... tired of giving money to a company that doesn't offer clients choice... I am not happy about this ridiculous 499 left on this miserable "phone" or "contract" nonsense though. I have heard that Sprint and some others will actually pay for you to get out of contract with AT& T.  Definitely looking into it.. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.