Need your talk or text logs?
CKron1's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 13th, 2015 7:32 PM

Group text limit - AT&T PLEASE REMOVE

This message is intended for AT&T::
PLEASE remove the group text limit of 10 people. It is very frustrating to use this feature with such an absurd limitation. What's the point of group text? I've contacted Apple and read numerous posts on this forum and the issues lies with AT&T.

Please respond to this message.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Interesting take.

"If you can't fit your usage within these limits it is not the fault or problem of the carrier and network. It is your usage pattern"

Meanwhile AT&T has become the running joke in group threads with my clients.  Everytime I reply, I have to leave people out.  But, I guess this is my problem since I did join the AT&T network.

If everyone who relies on larger group texts switches to Verizon (who appears to have a better understaning of how people communicate), will it then become an AT&T problem?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Wow david606, with all due respect, you might want to work on your customer service. It is a problem because it's impacting every customer's user experience. People have groups of more than ten people that they would like to communicate with. You limit that for reason that doesn't make sense. What's the difference between 10 and 20 people when it comes to spam? At&T should react to the majority's user experience. That's called customer service. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I agree, this is very frustrating!!  Do you know how many spam mms messages I have received since texting started?  None!!  So saying it is to limit spam messaging is a poor answer. I get more robocalls than spam texts!  Don't say its our problem if the carrier is limiting what we can do with our paid for plans and phones!!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have exactly the same problem. We have a golf group of 20 guys, and send a text around to alert tee times (in Grand Rapids MI). Everyone but myself uses Verizon; I'm ATT. When a group text goes out, I receive it from the sender and a RANDOM 9 other people of the 20. When I reply, only those RANDOM 10 people receive the text. I have an iphone, unlimited texting, and group messaging is enabled. I was told by ATT that THEY limit the group msging to 10.  In my opinion, the ONLY reason for doing this is because most people have an unlimited text plan, and they are IN FACT LIMITING the plan by imposing this artificial limit. It is the CUSTOMER who defines how to use a service, and companies that don't adapt to users needs are replaced by those who do. Group txting is becoming much more prevalent as a way for groups to organize meetings quickly and efficiently. ATT is creating INEFFICIENCY by imposing this limit and trying to alter peoples behavior (really?).  This is a cost use, that's all. It has nothing to do with spam. As the previous reply said, I too have NEVER had a spam text and I have been with ATT from the beginning of cell phones. ATT needs to listen to their users and increase this limit to a resonable group number. I don't think this is going to break the bank at ATT, and needs to be traded against the bad will this issue is creating and lost customers. If a corporate customer like myself is ready to leave the service over this issue, then it is time to do a cost/benefit analysis and raise the limit. This is not rocket science!

David Johnson

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Not a solution.  People who manage or coach youth sports team use group texts to communicate immediate information such as change of time, cancellation, etc. Other carriers don't limit the groups and while I appreciate trying to curtail spam - really I do - 10 is too low.  20 would be more manageable. AT&T - you're customers are telling you they are unhappy about something.  Be a customer-focused company and figure out a way to increase the group text limit.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

In case it was not clear, ATT intentionally limits it to 10. AND, they are NOT going to change it.

Period, end of sentance.

One realizes that is not the answer one wants to hear.

BUT, it is the way it is, like it or not.

Sorry. But, thanks for playing.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

So bottom line, if you need to group message more than 10 people, I recommend switching to Verizon.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just ported my lines over to AT&T and big mistake. I was with Verizon and never had this issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Ultimately, the organization should let it's customers decide if they are willing to open themselves up to the possibility of SPIM/SPAM for the ability to send larger group text messages up. If a majority of your customers want the service, provide it.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

@Rickrabbit44 wrote:
I just ported my lines over to AT&T and big mistake. I was with Verizon and never had this issue.

Yes.  As much as I dislike Verizon, at least they understand that groups larger than 10 actually communicate via text message.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.