Need your talk or text logs?
Zaii75's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 1:26 PM

GrandFather wireless plan

I still have my real old grandfathered wireless plan unlimited with At&T with 3 lines at about $240-260 monthly. I haven’t looked at any of the recent plans for years. I want to know if there are any befits for me to keep my old grandfathered plan? I don’t like asking the employees at the store cause I’ve been screwed a few times with misinformation. Please, your opinion will be very helpful.  Thank you. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I am buying two iPhoneXS’s which I need immediately and I think I’ll be paying upfront.

I would advise buying the sim free version directly from Apple. Not only will it be unlocked, you avoid an upgrade fee. Just move your SIM cards from the old phones. If your old phones are iPhones, Apple has a nice trade in program, at least they did a few months ago when I got an XR. As for deals on iPhones, there normally aren’t any deals other than any BOGO ATT is offering. As for changing your plan, it has no effect on buying new phone’s regardless of where you get them. The new plans do offer a discount for paperless billing and autopay. I did wait until my autopay was active before changing to the new plan to ensure my discount was there immediately (which it was). Other than that, there really is no reason to wait on changing your plan, especially if it lowers your bill. I got the Unlimited & More Premium plan. The features that appealed to me that are not on your plan were: free HBO (or other premium service), 15GB of hotspot per line and free Canada and Mexico roaming. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

No, there are no benefits to you keeping that old plan. Either current plan should reduce your bill significantly plus provide you added benefits you don’t currently have.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. I am buying two iPhoneXS’s which I need immediately and I think I’ll be paying upfront. I have no contracts on my phones. Should I wait for some other deal in the near future a phone when I’ll be buying a 3rd and new iPhone.  My question really is are the plans very different to where I should get it now or can I wait? And for me the $750 credit isn’t worth it as I have to pay more for the phone and add a new line even though I can cancel one of my old line later. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I appreciate your advice.  Makes it more clear what I need to do.  Thanks again. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.