Need your talk or text logs?
wilcre's profile

Expert

• 

13K Messages

Sunday, July 11th, 2010 2:57 PM

Google Voice voicemail set up

Google Voice voicemail set up How to Activate Google Voice voicemail on your Phone 1. Log in to the Google Voice website & click Settings in the top right corner. 2. Locate the phone you wish to activate voicemail for & click Activate Google voicemail on this phone. 3. On your HTC Aria, dial *004*xxx-xxx-xxxx# (where xxx-xxx-xxxx is your Google Voice phone number) & press Call. 4. A forwarding confirmation will be displayed on your screen. 5. On the Google Voice website, click Done. Configure voicemail transcriptions and delivery 1. Log in to the Google Voice website & click Settings in the top right corner. 2. Click on the Voicemail & SMS tab. 3. Next to "Voicemail Notifications", check the box next to Email the message to & select an email address to receive your voicemail transcriptions via email. 4. Beneath "Send a text (SMS) message to", check the box next to each cell phone on which you want to receive SMS voicemail transcriptions. 5. Next to Voicemail Transcripts, check the box next to Transcribe Voicemails. 6. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen. That's it! Google Voice will now replace your AT&T voicemail, and it will deliver transcriptions of each message via email or SMS. If at any point you wish to deactivate Google Voice voicemail, simply dial #002# on your HTC Aria & press Call. This will deactivate all call forwarding & the HTC Aria will use the standard voicemail system once again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

AT&T stopped my call forwarding when I switched phones from the Samsung Rugby to the HTC One (M7). I tried all of the different tricks here to no avail.

However,

I DID find in the SETTINGS-->CALL an option called "Call Forwarding" in which I put my google voice number and it worked. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to pass on how this was set-up for my Wireless Home Phone, as I have not seen a conplete description of this anywhere.  

I had recently ported my Vonage number to the WHP...but was not satisfied with the basic vmail functionality.

To set Google Voice as the vmail service for the Wireless Home Phone, I had to simply do the following:

Note: This assumes that you only plan to use the Google Voice number for voicemail...

1. Create a Google Voice Account if you do not already have one.
  2. From the WHP, dial **004*1xxxxxxxxxxx# (where the "x" represents the 10-digit US phone #)...you should get a confirmation tone.
  3. On Google Voice, in the "Settings>Calls", enable "Do Not Disturb" and uncheck the "Ends in" box.  This will assure the call goes directly to Vmail after ringing on the WHP for the set amount.  Otherwise it rings on WHP, then on Google Voice before going to vmail.
  4. Set-up your GV Voicemail options & messages as desired.

Note: I have seen in other posts that were missing a second "*" before the "004".  Exampl:e for number (212) 555-2145...the proper syntax is **004*12125552145  

I realize another way to do this would have been to port my old vonage # to Google Voice directly then just ring the WHP from Google Voice, but my preferred home # had just been ported to AT&T, so did not want to have to deal with chaanging the AT&T WHP number and simultaneously porting the home # to GV.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Y not you directly read on google about it

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is there a way when calling my ATT number to have my original VM play and when someone calls Google Voice number the Google VM plays?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.