Need your talk or text logs?
wilcre's profile

Expert

• 

13K Messages

Sunday, July 11th, 2010 2:57 PM

Google Voice voicemail set up

Google Voice voicemail set up How to Activate Google Voice voicemail on your Phone 1. Log in to the Google Voice website & click Settings in the top right corner. 2. Locate the phone you wish to activate voicemail for & click Activate Google voicemail on this phone. 3. On your HTC Aria, dial *004*xxx-xxx-xxxx# (where xxx-xxx-xxxx is your Google Voice phone number) & press Call. 4. A forwarding confirmation will be displayed on your screen. 5. On the Google Voice website, click Done. Configure voicemail transcriptions and delivery 1. Log in to the Google Voice website & click Settings in the top right corner. 2. Click on the Voicemail & SMS tab. 3. Next to "Voicemail Notifications", check the box next to Email the message to & select an email address to receive your voicemail transcriptions via email. 4. Beneath "Send a text (SMS) message to", check the box next to each cell phone on which you want to receive SMS voicemail transcriptions. 5. Next to Voicemail Transcripts, check the box next to Transcribe Voicemails. 6. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen. That's it! Google Voice will now replace your AT&T voicemail, and it will deliver transcriptions of each message via email or SMS. If at any point you wish to deactivate Google Voice voicemail, simply dial #002# on your HTC Aria & press Call. This will deactivate all call forwarding & the HTC Aria will use the standard voicemail system once again.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

Please visit Set up or Remove Google Voicemail for step by step instructions!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I followed these instructions and receive an error.

Network Message

Call forwarding Connection Problem or

invalid MMI code.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

13 years ago

@theJay28 wrote:

I followed these instructions and receive an error.

Network Message

Call forwarding Connection Problem or

invalid MMI code.

Are you using a prepaid phone by any chance?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

No, it is not a pre-paid phone. I called in to the support center and they entered the correct settings into the system.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having the same issue.  Was this ever resolved?  It seems like a lot of sites claim to have solved this issue (using Google Voicemail instead of AT&T voicemail), but none of them work?  Can anyone help?

I have spoke to multiple AT&T representatives and none of them can.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I'm also experiencing some issues, except that GV has worked flawlessly for me for over a year. Suddenly, yesterday, my call started going to my AT&T voice mail. I've had the techs reset my basic voice mail and removed AT&T visual voice mail (which is a common problem based on what I've read online), but still no luck. I get the below error messages when trying to set GV:

"Couldn't retrieve and save current forwarding number settings. Switch to the new provider anyway?"

Touching yes results in "Couldn't change the forwarding number. Contact your carrier if this problem persists."

I've also attempted to do it manually by doing *004*google voice number# and get MMI code errors. Additional research online has indicated that my conditional call forwarding needs to be reset by AT&T, but it took three calls to technicians to get somebody who would actually do that, not lecture me on how Google Voice is not supported by AT&T and how I'd be better off with AT&T  visual voice mail. Sorry, I need GV to work as I use my Google Voice number in addition to my regular phone number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

this worked for me on 1/24/2013 on my Lumia 920 windows phone 8

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Try dialing ##02# first to to clear all the diverts that are active and then try the *004# for Google voice

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

When I do the ##02# on HTC One X+ i get the following error message:

"Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

@stufried wrote:
Try dialing ##02# first to to clear all the diverts that are active and then try the *004# for Google voice

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Feb 18, 2013- You have to get to the right dept in AT&T. The AT&T visual v/m is tied to your data plan and in my case they had to actually change the plan to a plan without visual v/m. Only then did my Google voice work completely right. GV was working some of the time, but only now does it work correctly. Had to do this for both of our phones (Moto Atrix, but it is an AT&T issue). Good Luck, AT&T will try to tell you it's a Google issue, just keep telling them the above.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.