For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
gadget69's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, August 2nd, 2018 7:12 PM

Google Pixel 2 XL & Mobile Hotspot

I have the Goolge Pixel 2 XL on the $85 unlimited prepay with 10gb of hotspot data. I can turn on the hotspot connect my tablet to it, but when pulling data through my hotspot it does not show up as hotpsot data being used but pulling from the "unlimited (22gb)" data I have. I know this because I downloaded a 3gb movie to my tablet through the hotspot from the Google Play Store, this counted against my high speed data and not my hotspot data. I've contacted 611 and have now just left an AT&T store. I'm not not happy.........

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@gadget69

It does, when your data updates on the account.  It can take 3 hours to 3 days for your ATT Account to update your usage.  Your phone is more accurate. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@gadget69 It should pull from your hotspot allowance but it also counts against that 22GB threshold. The 10GB hotspot is not a separate allowance of data, it is just a limit on how much of your data can be used for hotspot. As suggested, your usage probably just has not updated yet but if it does not update, that is a good thing for you. That means you will be able to use more than 10GB of hotspot without being slowed.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

6 years ago

Why not state that hotspot is included with your plan? I guess I can see why they would have to limit it, just odd that its not showing up. I'll keep an eye on my usage history to see if the data usage switches to hotspot usage. 

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

6 years ago

I did a test this morning. I also happen to own a factory unlocked iphone X. I threw my sim in it, turned on the hotspot and streamed DirectTv Now through my tablet. Low an behold it registered as hotspot data. So it must be the way at&t sees the pixel 2 xl. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@gadget69

Anything is possible.   Let us know how much tethered data you manage to consume. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I Tested it a lot, unfortunately it won't last for me.. :smileymad:

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

For me it really works 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

the idea is awesome thanks for sharing such great information. Clash of Kings hack apk

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.