Need your talk or text logs?
gadget69's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, August 2nd, 2018 7:12 PM

Google Pixel 2 XL & Mobile Hotspot

I have the Goolge Pixel 2 XL on the $85 unlimited prepay with 10gb of hotspot data. I can turn on the hotspot connect my tablet to it, but when pulling data through my hotspot it does not show up as hotpsot data being used but pulling from the "unlimited (22gb)" data I have. I know this because I downloaded a 3gb movie to my tablet through the hotspot from the Google Play Store, this counted against my high speed data and not my hotspot data. I've contacted 611 and have now just left an AT&T store. I'm not not happy.........

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@gadget69

You might be making a common mistake in understanding.   Your 22 gigs of guaranteed high speed data is from any and all sources, including hotspot.  Your hotspot alone is capped at 10 gigs.   

Example:

If you use 3 gigs of hotspot you have 19 gigs of full speed before reprioritization might happen.  

If you use all 10 gigs, you have used 10 of the 22.  Most people are not having any problem exceeding 22 gigs several times over with no, or few slow downs.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

It uses both... Your Hotspot use is included in your 22 gig threshold.

If you read the data usage on your device, it should show tethered use, and when ATT updates use it will show on your account 

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

6 years ago

It does not show as hotspot usage. It shows as data and not pulling from the 10gb pool I have. It is still showing that I have 10gb of hotpot available while I received a warning notification that I had used 16gb of the 22gb of high speed data. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Are you looking in your settings? Or only your paygonline account? 

It would still use your 22 gigs of guaranteed high speed before threshold.  If it's not tapping your limited Hotspot, that's in your favor. 

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

6 years ago

Why would it not come from my hotspot pool? That means I'll run out of my 22gb of high speed data and be left with unused 10gb pool?

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry I am looking at my online account to get the info.

And from my phone, If I look at the monthly data usage on my phone it's telling me I used 3.45gb of hotspot data.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Very odd. I have very same setup and my usage is around 20-40% less than you. Man Indifferent

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

6 years ago

Are you on a prepay? If so do you have a separate hotspot data pool?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@gadget69 The 22GB threshold is not a limit, it is the point when your data speeds might be slowed down. That is why the 10GB of hotspot is included, it’s 22GB for the line regardless of if it is phone or hotspot. You might not ever see a slowdown and if your hotspot usage is not getting counted, you might be getting unlimited hotspot too.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

6 years ago

Well, I'm still confused as to why it does not pull from my allowance of hotspot data. Per the disclaimer 6After 10GB, hotspot speed limited to max of 128Kbps. For use in U.S. only.  If it never pulls from my hotspot whats the point?

Untitled.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.