Explore & discover

Helpful Links

GMAIL SYNCING

Scholar

GMAIL SYNCING

@GLIMMERMAN76 

Hi

Since you are the gmail afficionado, what does syncing emails really mean? And for how many days should i sync? The option is from 1 to 999 days in the gmail app. I want my emails synced immediately. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: GMAIL SYNCING

I sync the max.  Syncing means what is stored on device.  As you seen with your other post emails you were looking for were still stored in the cloud aka email server they were never delete you just had sync set to 30 days which means only the last 30 days worth of emails are stored on device instead of over a year.  Samsung does this to keep performance up as they set it to 30 by default.  Not a huge deal unless you see the apps performance fall.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Scholar

@GLIMMERMAN76 

So how many days should i set gmail syncing? My option is from 1 to 999 days. If i choose 1, that means syncing will be done every day or that after 1 day, my emails will not be stored

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

I sync the max.  Syncing means what is stored on device.  As you seen with your other post emails you were looking for were still stored in the cloud aka email server they were never delete you just had sync set to 30 days which means only the last 30 days worth of emails are stored on device instead of over a year.  Samsung does this to keep performance up as they set it to 30 by default.  Not a huge deal unless you see the apps performance fall.

? How many days is your syncing at?

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Privetfla
โ€Ž05-17-2019 9:35 AM

My syncing is at the max 999 days.  But I use that account for work.  My personal account is at 365 days.  Gmail does not have the limitations that the Samsung app has because its the actual email service also.  I have the same folders and email on the many phones I am testing and also on my iPad and Computer.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Scholar

@GLIMMERMAN76 

999 sounds good. Thanks for your help!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support