For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Privetfla's profile

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

Friday, May 17th, 2019 11:31 AM

What does syncing emails really mean?

@GLIMMERMAN76 

Hi

Since you are the gmail afficionado, what does syncing emails really mean? And for how many days should i sync? The option is from 1 to 999 days in the gmail app. I want my emails synced immediately. Thanks. 😎😎😎

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

My syncing is at the max 999 days.  But I use that account for work.  My personal account is at 365 days.  Gmail does not have the limitations that the Samsung app has because its the actual email service also.  I have the same folders and email on the many phones I am testing and also on my iPad and Computer.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

I sync the max.  Syncing means what is stored on device.  As you seen with your other post emails you were looking for were still stored in the cloud aka email server they were never delete you just had sync set to 30 days which means only the last 30 days worth of emails are stored on device instead of over a year.  Samsung does this to keep performance up as they set it to 30 by default.  Not a huge deal unless you see the apps performance fall.

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 

So how many days should i set gmail syncing? My option is from 1 to 999 days. If i choose 1, that means syncing will be done every day or that after 1 day, my emails will not be stored

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

I sync the max.  Syncing means what is stored on device.  As you seen with your other post emails you were looking for were still stored in the cloud aka email server they were never delete you just had sync set to 30 days which means only the last 30 days worth of emails are stored on device instead of over a year.  Samsung does this to keep performance up as they set it to 30 by default.  Not a huge deal unless you see the apps performance fall.

? How many days is your syncing at?

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 

999 sounds good. Thanks for your help!😎😎😎

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.