For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Ydaspit's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 8th, 2017 6:58 PM

Free HBO with unlimited data plan

How do you sign into the HBO Go app as an unlimited data customer?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Does anyone know if you have to wait two billing cycles to be able to access the Free HBO via DTVN? It keeps telling me that my number doesn't qualify which of course is hogwash. I have only been billed for Unlimited once so far. I am not sure if this is the reason. I called the Rep and they try to have you sign-on to a DTV deal and then cance. Yeah right! That's a scam.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Does anyone know if you have to wait any number of billing cycles to sign up for the Free HBO via DTVN? I upgraded to Unlimited last month (only received one bill so far) and it is telling me that my number does not qualify. I called a rep and they confirmed I qualify but that I have to sign up for a DTV account and then cancel everything except HBO. That sounds like a scam to me. Any input would be much appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ok, got it working.

Must wait 2 cycles.

Must use the primary number in the plan to verify and sign up, other cell numbers just do not work. 

Horrible interface

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The instructions provided by Gnatfun worked for me!  Be sure you choose DirectTVNow and not just DirectTV as your provider.  I had to go to "Other Providers" to find it.

Thank you Gnatfun!!

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

This process is great but what happens when you get an error message saying you are not on the unlimited plan even though you are?

If there are any ATT reps monitoring this blog, please, PLEASE chime in.  No one can answer this for me at all.  And I have a feeling several others have this same issue as well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been on the phone with numerous ATT reps and Directv reps for many hours because I am also unable to add hbo after upgrading to an unlimited plus plan 3 months ago.  I also receive the message that my phone number is not eligible.  After repeatedly being transferred back and forth between the two services I was told that ONLY people with a pre-existing directv now account are eligible to ADD hbo to there account and that to obtain this benefit I would have to pay for a monthly directv now account.  I repeatedly tried to explain to the staff that this is directly contradictory to the information provided on their website, but I was unsuccessful even when referencing the exact pages that indicate free hbo is included with an unlimited plus plan.  I have included the information from the website below as it is of note that during one encounter I was told that this promotion had expired on 03/30/2017 despite the information listed below being posted to the ATT website in 04/2017, after the supposed promotion "expiration" date.  This is extremely frustrating as the free hbo offer played a large role in my decision to upgrade to the unlimited plus plan.  I am very disappointed with ATT regarding this and I am considering transitioning to another wireless provider (despite 10+ years of using ATT as my service provider).

"AT&T Unlimited Plus customer without TV service
If you have an AT&T Unlimited Plus wireless plan without AT&T TV service, simply create a free DIRECTV NOW account and start streaming live HBO channels and watch movies, original series, and more. Start by clicking on Verify Number. Plus enjoy additional shows with AT&T Exclusive content with Audience Network and have access to a library of HBO classic shows, movies and more."

"

We’ve got a BIG STREAMING DEAL for
AT&T UNLIMITED PLUS℠ CUSTOMERS.
HBO® is now included. Start streaming.

"AT&T Unlimited Plus customers will benefit from HBO included in their wireless plan as follows: If you don’t subscribe to an AT&T video service, you can access your HBO content through the DIRECTV NOW and HBO Go apps."

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Not true! They just arent very helpful (I experienced this as well but thanks to this thread I was connected) Follow directions down below!!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Spent over six hours trying to get to an AT&T rep that knows ANYTHING! all 6 wanted to charge more for what the ads and AT&T site says are for free!..So I am now filing formal complaint with North Carolina Attorney General's Dept of Consumer Protection and see what they find out...Too much trouble for us peons to fight!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@homenote Forget the reps have you gone to http://att.com/unlimitedplus

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I just spent a couple of hours trying and then "chatting" with AT&T to get it resolved.  After being moved up the chain twice, the third support person said "My supervisor tells me it's a known problem" They promised to call me back tomorrow with a solution.  Very poor execution from someone...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.