Need your talk or text logs?
Ydaspit's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 8th, 2017 6:58 PM

Free HBO with unlimited data plan

How do you sign into the HBO Go app as an unlimited data customer?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

When you say through your desktop, you went through the process of verifying your number on your desktop or signed up in a different way?  if different, what was the process you used?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I got mine working by using the DirecTV now app and starting process over
carefully reading each screen. It's not easy. Maybe that's the intention

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Well I'm stuck on the phone and they act like they don't know what they're talking about

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

This is what you do. You DO NOT NEED DIRECTV NOW. Download HBO GO APP and go go SIGN IN. For choose your provider you click on DIRECTV and NOT DIRECTV NOW. Once you chose DIRECTV you can log in with your DIRECTV LOGIN CREDENTIALS.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Has anyone figured out why it says we aren't eligible if we have the Unlimited Plus plan and no one else on the account is using the HBO account?  I do not have DirectTv and when I try to verify the number it says Ooops blah blah...  I've also gone through ATT and DirectTv for answers and no one knows.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Gnatfun provided the best soution.

1) Go to Directvnow.com

2) At the bottom, click Don't Have DIRECTV NOW?

3) At the top, click on Verify Your Number link to enter your AT&T phone number to get your free HBO account

4) After typing in your phone number, you receive a text message you need to respond to for verification

5) You then type in your email address and pick a password

6) You get two options - HBO free or HBO plus Live TV.  The second option costs $10 a month.  Be sure to click the first for just HBO for free.  You can then logout of DirectTV.  

7) Download HBOGo app.  Choose DirectTVNow as your provider when setting up your HBOGo account.  You'll need to type in your DirectTVNow email address and password to verify DirectTVNow is your provider.  You'll then be able to set up and HBOGo account.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Those instructions would be perfect if it verifies your phone number.  I and sounds like several others can not get past that step and neither AT&T or Direct TV Now will help with that.  The latest I have been told is you have to sign up for a Direct TV Now plan and pay to get the free HBO.  Anyone found a solution when your eligible number says it is not eligible?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

dosen’t work. ever

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I want to watch HBO on my TV, not on my laptop, iPhone, or iPad.  My cable provider is Comcast/Xfinity and I don't have HBO in my subscription with them.  At my partner's home, he has Fios and also doesn't have HBO in his subscription with them.

I don't subscribe to Directv, either.

I have the Unlimited Plus account with AT&T that is supposed to include HBO.

If I can't watch HBO on my TV, then the monthly fee is not worth it.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks so much for the detailed help.  At&t sure doesn't make this easy to get!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.