Need your talk or text logs?
Ydaspit's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 8th, 2017 6:58 PM

Free HBO with unlimited data plan

How do you sign into the HBO Go app as an unlimited data customer?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Talked to a phone rep. You can only access it if you have a direct tv plan so no matter what they say you aren*t getting it u less you pay for a plan. So basically it's a misrepresentation
by a t t

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

That's incorrect read my message it tell you how to get the hbo for free I have done it as well as several others.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Click on start your free trial now
Then click on verify now
Enter your number
You will get a verification text to your number
Then complete set up

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

DirectTV has the worst interface of any commercial streaming service I have seen. I worked thru the steps several times and they do not work for me. At #5, I get a screen message my phone  number is qualified but no verification text message. Then I create DirectTVnow account or login and it acts as if I am just a new subscriber - no free HBO offer.

It must take some magic to make these steps work. 

Cannot believe AT&T is trying push DirectTV on all subscribers with this type of gimmick. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

There is no option to do that. Where's the Free HBO? Where's this $10 plan for DTVNow?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ok this was very frustrating, I contacted AT&T over the phone and chat and they all kept telling me to subscribe to one of their streaming services, and that's not true, they just want to get you to sign up for another of their services. Just go to directvnow com, sign in for a new account, but don't create one, at the top it says 

AT&T UNLIMITED PLUS℠ CUSTOMERS.
HBO® is now included. Start streaming. 
Verify Mobile Number
Click on it and put your phone number, it will send you a txt that you need to confirm, then after create your account, if you previously used your att email, to open an account then use a different email address it will still work cause that's how I did it, after you can also use HBO go app as well.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

burkear - 

I have followed the processes outlined in this thread.  At the point where I try to verify my number, I get the error Oh No! Your number is not eligible for limited time offers.  This is not true, my line and all 4 other lines on the plan are on the Unlimited Plus Plan.  I have talked and chatted with ATT customer service.  They 1. cannot solve the problem  2.  try to tell me I need to purchase DirectvNow to get the offer (also not true) and 3.  seem to fail to understand the point where the error occurs.

Do you or anyone on this board have any suggestions?  All of the numbers on the plan now return the same error.  One of the ATT techs I spoke to tried my other numbers (and woke members of my family) without letting me know.. Since they were not signed in trying to activate the service, the messages expired on their phones and now they return the same error.

Thank you for your assistance.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had the same issue and was told that it's only one HBO account per family
plan.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The same thing happened to me when I signed up though my phone. I tried on my desktop & it worked.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

No one on my plan has signed up.  Though my daughter has HBO on her own DTV account.  Since her account uses her cell phone number, I wonder if that is what is causing the block?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.