04-08-2017 12:35 PM
I read on the Direct Now forum you have to sign in with the same user ID and password as you use for your wireless account.
04-12-2017 7:06 PM
go to directnow.com and set up a new account choose the free hbo option and follow the steps. you do not have to sign up for tv just the free hbo option. after you set that up login to hbo go app and choose other provider choose directvnow as your provider and enter in your newly created directvnow account info. Viola and your welcome
04-24-2017 11:14 AM
I've done that. It doesn't work. I get a message that they are having trouble verifying my access to HBO GO with my TV provider.
04-24-2017 12:42 PM
04-24-2017 12:54 PM
04-24-2017 1:00 PM
04-24-2017 1:58 PM
1) Go to DirectTVnow
2) Click start free trial
3) DO NOT immediately type in your email address, etc., to create an account
4) DO click on Verify Your Number link to enter your ATT phone number to get your free HBO account
5) After typing in your phone number, you receive a text message you need to respond to for verfication
6) You then type in your email address and pick a password
7) You get two options - HBO free or HBO plus Live TV. The second option costs $10 a month. Be sure to click the first for just HBO for free. You can then logout of DirectTV.
8) Download HBOGo app. Choose DirectTVNow as your provider when setting up your HBOGo account. You'll need to type in your DirectTVNow email address and password to verify DirectTVNow is your provider. You'll then be able to set up and HBOGo account.
04-28-2017 10:07 AM
DirectTV has the worst interface of any commercial streaming service I have seen. I worked thru the steps several times and they do not work for me. At #5, I get a screen message my phone number is qualified but no verification text message. Then I create DirectTVnow account or login and it acts as if I am just a new subscriber - no free HBO offer.
It must take some magic to make these steps work.
Cannot believe AT&T is trying push DirectTV on all subscribers with this type of gimmick.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!