Need your talk or text logs?
bobberGman2's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, October 9th, 2011 12:58 AM

Forward text messages

Is there a way to automatically forward text messages. I have a work phone and a personal cell phone. I want to leave the work phone home and forward calls and text messages. Is there a setting that allows me to do that. Or better yet, is there a ATT system function for forwarding text messages?

Thanks!

Guru

• 

507 Messages

12 years ago

As far as i know ATT doesnt have that option only for calls, sorry .

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

@bobberGman2 wrote:
Is there a way to automatically forward text messages. I have a work phone and a personal cell phone. I want to leave the work phone home and forward calls and text messages. Is there a setting that allows me to do that. Or better yet, is there a ATT system function for forwarding text messages?

Thanks!
Not sure of there's a way to *automatically* forward each text message, but you could do this manually on your phone - you probably already knew that.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have been calling ATT support for YEARS requesting that they add this feature so we can Automatically forward all text messages from one phone number to another. They just do not listen.

If you feel this is an important feature that you would like to have, PLEASE CALL AND KEEP CALLING EVERY MONTH!

Request that they open a service repair or feature ticket. Ask that they call you for the next three months to keep you updated on the status of your request.

This is the 21st Century! This feature should be no big deal to engineer!

PLEASE FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THIS SO WE CAN ALL ENJOY THIS BADLY NEEDED FEATURE!

THANK YOU!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Agreed! I really want this to work!

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

I know that there are apps that provide this functionality for the Android platform.

As far as the iPhones, I heard of an app called iForward, but as I don't have an iPhone myself, I've never used it. Might be worth a look though.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Please add this function! I don't like carying two phones, and I don't want to have to cancel my AT&T account because I am unable to receive the text messages that are sent to my personal phone when it's not with me. This should be a simple thing to add.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I would guess that forwarding texts would mean you'd be charged double for every text. Of course, it would be transparent to the end-user, so you'd be outraged when you used up your text quota in half the time, or saw your bill double each month. I don't imagine AT&T wants to stir up that hornets' nest!

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

What's really sad is that the capability to control this is built into the GSM protocol.  ATT just doesn't feel like bothering with it.

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=214399

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We need more people to call and complain!

I have not called in a while, but was calling about every other month.

If you have any way to publicize this through social media I would
appreciate it!

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a windows phone, no apps for that
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.