For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Newbie7832's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 11th, 2011 3:37 AM

Family Messaging Plan but being charged per use for text messages??

We just got our 4 new phones in the mail today. Got them set up, played around with them awhile; then my daughter says she got a message "you've exceeded $50 in messages."  We have FamilyTalk Nation 700 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes AND Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling.  So why would she be charged for messages?  

Also, should all 4 phones be in one "group" i.e. Group 1, Group 2, etc.  Each phone is listed in its own group, and each one says "1 Phone/Device in this group."  The 4 phones were ordered together, paid for together, on the same credit card, shipped to the same address.

Very confusing.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

@Newbie7832 wrote:

Also, should all 4 phones be in one "group" i.e. Group 1, Group 2, etc.  Each phone is listed in its own group, and each one says "1 Phone/Device in this group."  The 4 phones were ordered together, paid for together, on the same credit card, shipped to the same address.

This is the problem right there.  You will need to call ATT and have them all placed in the same group.  Right now its like each line is on its own plan so something got messed up in the order process.

When you call they will fix that and fix it so the messages and calls already made show and are billed correctly.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I called AT&T this morning and they straightened it out (put all 4 phones in the same group). They promised to correct the overage charges when we get our bill -- they even made an appointment to call us back when we get our bill.  We're very pleased that they corrected it quickly and painlessly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.