For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
DebSFL's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 16th, 2018 3:56 PM

How can I refuse FEMA alerts?

I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MESSAGES FROM TRUMP. I am able to get FEMA warnings from any number of sites. I would get rid of any phones I have rather than get messages from him. FEMA already transmits AMBER alerts. Trump is not welcome. There are trials occurring next week on some carrier somewhere. This would be a very big mistake for AT&T to do this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

It is not some carrier somewhere. It is all carriers. ATT does not have a choice, no carrier does. Besides, you should keep the politics out of this. It is a test to ensure the system works. If you don’t want to receive the message, turn your phone off.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

This is what you will get, picture below.   This is not a message from trump 🙄

36EC09C2-3005-412A-B0F5-E90708C1666F.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Rest assured I will turn off my phone for the entire day.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

FWIW, you can set your phone to "airplane" mode.  It stops all adds and several other features.  I always do this when playing games as I hate all the advertisements.  This is if "nobody" has figured out how to stop this practice.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, I will try airplane mode when the time comes.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Unfortunately politics and AT&T customer service collide in this situation. This conversation is unavoidable without stepping into the political nature. The original author is correct to say that a messages from a specific person are not welcomed. The users have a choice for every message except one. 

AT&T really should fight for their customers and their company. They should send representatives to congress to fight this. These should be optional at worst, non-existent at best. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@frostbyte000jm

It has not been optional throughout the past 2 administrations, it will not be with this one or the next one, or one after that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.