Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Excessive Data Usage on New iPhone 8

Teacher

Excessive Data Usage on New iPhone 8

Why would I end up using so much data in one week with my new iPhone while observing same Internet habits as before when I owned a much older IPhone? In particular, the category Browsing and Technology shows high data usage. I understand Browsing but what constitutes Technology?

Message 1 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Excessive Data Usage on New iPhone 8

Oh drop it with you already know everything. You thought I was ab employee, you thought the phone wasn't faulty at the same time admitting it's faulty, you thought at&t should replace your phone when you've signed that you agreed apple will do it. If you already know all of it, why come here to throw insults and argue about it. 

Message 76 of 83

I never thought the phone was replaced. You need to improve your reading
comprehension before making comments. It is difficult to take you
seriously and, quite frankly a wast of my time to respond to you.
Message 77 of 83
ACE - Sage

@Unsatisfied2018 wrote:
I never thought the phone was replaced. You need to improve your reading
comprehension before making comments. It is difficult to take you
seriously and, quite frankly a wast of my time to respond to you.

That’s not what was written...  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 78 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Unsatisfied2018 I literally never said the phone was replaced. You were saying something about reading comprehension?

Message 79 of 83

@lizdance40  I want to thank you for your explanation. While I have used considerably more than @Callie33021 has used on her new phone the explanation you give does shed light on my very similar question that I could find an answer to nowhere else online. I recently upgraded from a Note5 to an S10+ . with the note5 I had 8GB on pay as you go plan... now on month to month with 9GB limit. I would have went over by 1.5 but had rollovers from before upgrade so I guess I got lucky. Smiley Happy

When I got my bill I was like "what is considered Technology (60% of my data)"

I also assume that updates and phone maintenence apps would be "technology"? IDK  but I do know that I will be keeping a better eye on it this month so as to not go over. That means no more podcast while in traffic...darn it!

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Peace

HCK

Message 80 of 83

@Unsatisfied2018  Did you finally figure out that you were not chatting with employees on this thread? I do see it has been over a year since this post was created and commented on by all who did comment before I commented today, but that does not negate the fact that there are Community Forum Guidelines, just as there are in any similar forum. One Guide line in particular is to "Keep it Courteous"   I do believe that you were naive to the whole Forum process and ways and did not intend to be rude, but in a couple of your replies I gotta say, I read them as such. I too have had a hard time learning the ways of this sort of platform. In a previous reply in this thread you told one of the people replying in this thread to "stop sending me emails"  when in fact, the emails were being sent via the settings you have on your profile as a community member (top right of screen, little person icon for profile settings). If you have not yet figured all this out (because it has been a year, so you probably have by now) I sure do hope its getting at least a little better for you.

I will leave a link to the "Community Forum Guidelines" at the end of this reply. There is all kinds of stuff in there that I am just reading and learning about. It is nice to be in the know! haha!

I do hope you and your daughter figured out your data issues and she has been able to enjoy the phone without any issues.

as promised, link to Community Forum Guidelines: https://www.att.com/legal/terms.forumguidelines.html

Peace

HippieChickKim (an old school "Newby") 

Message 81 of 83
ACE - Sage

@hippiechickkim   If you have home internet, you might want to download your podcasts ahead of your commute.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 82 of 83
Teacher

This is a very old post and except to answer your current post, I have not
been active with it in a very long time.
Message 83 of 83
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support