Need your talk or text logs?
Callie33021's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 4:52 PM

Excessive Data Usage on New iPhone 8

Why would I end up using so much data in one week with my new iPhone while observing same Internet habits as before when I owned a much older IPhone? In particular, the category Browsing and Technology shows high data usage. I understand Browsing but what constitutes Technology?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Rectanglebox

Not to to mention Apple has the straight sided iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, then sued Samsung for stealing their design, won, then copied the design Samsung and other androids have used all along.  You must be enjoying their current sticky place over slowing older iPhones.  We can’t get into it, but we can laugh knowingly.

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

6 years ago

They make good products, just don't understand the "fan" base.

(Did you know Samsung manufactures  the screens for iPhone X?)

I'm an attorney - comoanies sue each other all the time to keep each other in check. Both are sound companies. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Rectanglebox  Yes, perhaps why Apple foolishly has a curved screen for the first time.  (I hate the ‘edge’ screens).   

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

6 years ago

You're a smart lady. Hope you have a good evening.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Rectanglebox  😉. Ditto.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

How will this help? Are you saying I should buy more data?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Callie33021  If your data plan is as old as the iPhone 3GS, you might need a new plan.  The mobile share flex plan has no overages charges.  You can compare prices online. 

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/mobile-share-flex.html

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Where is the management of the iPhone 8?

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@site2017 wrote:

Where is the management of the iPhone 8?

Management?  Learn a bit about data here.  

https://forums.att.com/t5/Community-Blog/Data-Management-Cause-for-gray-hair-hair-pulling-and-stress/ba-p/4323575

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T  ... there's no way I will ever upgrade to a $1000 iPhone ... ever ... I can purchase a desk top pc, monitor and printer for that cost plus soft ware to talk to all my current contacts including those over seas for less than $1000. Apple thinks, oh gee, I need a new iPhone X... of course I'll spend a $1000 for it ... cause I need it ...   NOT!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.