Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Ex husband reading kids text messages

Contributor

Ex husband reading kids text messages

My kids are on their Dad's (my ex-husband) AT&T account and he is reading their text messages.  Our kids are 20, 18, and 15...way to old for such intrusiveness.  It's just plain creepy he is doing this! Is there a way they can keep him from reading their texts?  They all have their own I-Tunes accounts, and are logged in under their own accounts not his.  

Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎09-13-2018 3:04 PM

Re: Ex husband reading kids text messages

However he is doing it, it is not through the ATT account. It is not possible to read text messages of any line on the account through the account. He can see a record of date, time and number of their texts but no text content. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

If he has their iTunes credentials, he can read iMessage.  Simple fix for the kids; turn iMessages off and change their iTunes passwords. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support