Need your talk or text logs?
stnkyferit's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 5:15 PM

Emergency Alert System

I just have to say that Verizon wiped the floor with you guys last Friday. We had a tornado (VERY rare here) and Verizon Wireless customers had push notifications to their phones, while we had nothing. I see you have the system set up in the NYC area, but not Long Island.

Major #Fail

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Currently AT&T offers emergency alerts in NYC, Washington DC and Portland, Oregon. We are actively working to expand this service to other areas. 

More information about this service can be found here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?&sid=KB410692&cv=820#fbid=3UV__30c1mV

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

I read this and can't determine if the suburbs of those cities are covered by WEA or CMAS.  Do you have additional information jamileh?  I'm in the Washington DC area, MD suburbs.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

Another thing to remember about this - currenlty only certain devices support CMAS. As of the first of the year only the following phones have the capabilities

• Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-i777)
  • Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927)
  • Motorola Atrix 2 (mb865)

My list is a little dated so you might want to check with the weather service

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

I read this and can't determine if the suburbs of those cities are covered by WEA or CMAS.  Do you have additional information jamileh?  I'm in the Washington DC area, MD suburbs.

I'll have to do a little research to find out more info. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I have a Galaxy S III, which you would think would have it (as the Galaxy S II has it).  There are reports of CMAS messages going out, and of course, mine doesn't seem to be receiving them.  I consider it a major fail on AT&T's part, in an effort to focus on AT&T-specific features/software that a small fraction of us really use ahead of safety, especially since other carriers with the Galaxy S III have CMAS enabled.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@heichers wrote:

I have a Galaxy S III, which you would think would have it (as the Galaxy S II has it).  There are reports of CMAS messages going out, and of course, mine doesn't seem to be receiving them.  I consider it a major fail on AT&T's part, in an effort to focus on AT&T-specific features/software that a small fraction of us really use ahead of safety, especially since other carriers with the Galaxy S III have CMAS enabled.

Do you live in any of these areas?

Currently AT&T offers emergency alerts in NYC, Washington DC and Portland, Oregon. We are actively working to expand this service to other areas.

If you look at Jamileh;s post in this same thread you would have seen it

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

How do you sign up for these wireless emergency alerts. No ware in the link does it say how to sign up?

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

Any updates on this? This is an important missing function no AT&T iphones.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@the gryphon wrote:

Any updates on this? This is an important missing function no AT&T iphones.

It appears to also require a IOS upgrade on the iphone, it showed up on the verizon corporate phone after the 6.1.2 upgrade that was just pushed out to CDMA based Iphones - the 4S and the 5. Appears to be a question to Apple, since ATT supports it on specific phones

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I saw on release day Verizon phones. I'm sure it does require an update of some kind. But it's a question for AT&T since we know it's been around on CDMA phones for 6+ months.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.