For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
chrwei's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 5th, 2015 4:33 PM

Email to SMS and Spam

last few days I've gotten some spam that comes through the email to sms gateway.  I've had this number for 15 years and maybe I've gotten them before, but never 2 in 1 week.

the standard 7726 numer to report it is ineffective for this as it just says "looks like it's from a short code, reply back it with STOP", which I'm pretty sure goes to a balck hole.

is there some alternate method to report email gateway spam?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @chrwei

I’d be happy to help with the spam messages you have been receiving! I’d recommend sending us the details of the message by forwarding the entire message (along with the full header if it's an email) to abuse@att.net.

Another option to block shortcode messages would be to add a Purchase Blocker to your line. This would also prevent charging app or content purchases to your bill, however. You can add this through your myAT&T account from the Manage my Plan and Services option in the I WANT TO menu!

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

hello

I am an ATT mobile subscriber and I've been receiving text messages from 1-410-200-505 constantly. How do I block them from sending such annoying virus and hacking messages directly to my mobile?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.