Need your talk or text logs?
vcuva0925's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 8:46 PM

Double Data

Hello,

I have been a customer for around 10 years now. I am on a plan with my grandmother and we currently share 3G of data, which is nothing. I have seen ads and heard from multiple friends that AT&T doubled some customer data plans a few years ago and even recently, normally for being a good customer, the length of time you have spent with them, etc. We have never received any offer such as this and have been with the company for a long time. It has been a struggle to share 3G of data for 2 people. I want to know why we were passed over for this offer. Seems a little odd to me.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

How much are you paying?   The new plan might be cheaper.

Line fees if you are out of contract are $20 (you would be paying $25 or $40 if you're in contract)

Data plans offer more data for less.  6 gigs is $60, 10 in $80. 

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

The double data offers were more than a year ago with the Mobile Share Value plan, which is no longer offered.  I don't know what the criteria were.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 years ago

When AT&T was offering the free double data, it initially was only offered to customers who were paying for 15GB of data or more.  It may have later been expanded to include 10GB od data but Im not sure there.  If you were on the Moble Share Value Plan paying $130 for 15GB of data, you could contact AT&T to get the free double data, but it was not automatically given to anyone.  Since you only have the 3GB data plan, it would have not been included in the "free double data" offering which was initially offered.  I dont recall how long ago it was, it may be close to 2 years ago now, and I don't know any business that will "price match" an offer from over a year ago much less closer to 2 years ago...

I just checked my online billing history, and the double data promotion was initially offered over 2 years ago, and the stopped offering it almost 2 years ago...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.