Need your talk or text logs?
ncd275's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 12:24 AM

Closed

Does unlimited texting plan include picture mail(mms)?

I have the unlimited family texting plan. Does that also include sending picture,audio, and video without any extra charge?comes with the unlimited texting plan?

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

Actually it's "Family Messaging" not Family Texting.  And yes, if it's the Family Messaging for $30/month, that includes Text, Picture, and Video Messaging as well as IM using on of the pre-installed clients (usually MSN, AIM, and Yahoo!).  I was reading in another thread however that there may be a size limitation for the Picture/Video messaging as MMS or any kind does use data and only a certain amount per message would be covered by your plan.  So you may want to look into the specifics of it. 

Message Edited by Vampredator on 01-21-2009 04:52:00 PM

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@ncd275 wrote:
I have the unlimited family texting plan. Does that also include sending picture,audio, and video without any extra charge?comes with the unlimited texting plan?

Yes, text/pic/video and audio ARE included as well as IM. IM IS INCLUDED provided you use one of the PREINSTALLED IM clients on your phone. Pic/Video /Audio and IM use data but it is INCLUDED in your messaging plan. However, if you access IM through the MEdia Net Page OR a 3rd party, you WILL incur data charges. There used to be a limit of 300 kb for MMS but have read on the forum that this has been changed to 600 kb. I keep mine under 300 kb anyway since I made the mistake of sending 4 pics in one message and went OVER the 300 kb limit and incurred extra data charges. I haven't checked lately to see if I sent a larger message IF I would get charged extra. I keep mine under the 300 kb to be on the safe side. Also, it depends on what type of phone you have AND the phones limits.

Hope this helps!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Wait so is there a limit to how many picture messages you can recieve before it charges you??Because i over used the internet and got charged over 200 so my dad blocked my internet completely and when i try to send and recieve picture messages i ALWAYS get this message saying "Retrieving failed connection refused"  it never said that before the internet got blocked.So i just want to make sure 100% if i can get my dad to unblock it without using the internet will it charge me if my friends send me picture messages again?? And i do have unlimited texting i send like 20,000 in a month without the bill flying.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@DarknessTheLoneWolf wrote:
Wait so is there a limit to how many picture messages you can recieve before it charges you??Because i over used the internet and got charged over 200 so my dad blocked my internet completely and when i try to send and recieve picture messages i ALWAYS get this message saying "Retrieving failed connection refused"  it never said that before the internet got blocked.So i just want to make sure 100% if i can get my dad to unblock it without using the internet will it charge me if my friends send me picture messages again?? And i do have unlimited texting i send like 20,000 in a month without the bill flying.

If you have UNLIMITED MESSAGING, then NO, there is NO limit as to HOW MANY pics you send/receive. BUT, the pics HAVE to be UNDER 3OOkb or you WILL GET CHARGED EXTRA for DATA. I have also read on the forum that the limit is no longer 300kb but is now 600kb but it also depends on your phone's limitations. I KEEP mine UNDER 300 kb to be on the safe side ONLY from my own personal experience.

If you have UNLIMITED MESSAGING, pics/video, text and IM ARE INCLUDED. IM is included (PROVIDED YOU USE ONE OF THE PREINSTALLED IM CLIENTS ON YOUR PHONE). If you happen to access IM through the MEdia Net Page OR a 3rd party, YOU WILL INCUR ADDED DATA CHARGES!!

IM, pic/video USE data to send/receive but those charges are INCLUDED in the UNLIMITED MESSAGING PLAN.

Also EMAIL IS NOT INCLUDED in the UNLIMITED MESSAGING PLAN. You would need to have a data plan for that such as MEdia NET.

The only way you could have gotten charged that much for internet is if you were possibly downloading/surfing/watching CV???

Hope this helps!! 

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

15 years ago

I could be wrong.. but if your dad had the internet turned off, then you won't be able to do vidoe/pic messaging.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@alovehangoverr wrote:
I could be wrong.. but if your dad had the internet turned off, then you won't be able to do vidoe/pic messaging.

That is correct...or IM. But this is what the poster wanted to know, if I'm not mistaken...

"So i just want to make sure 100% if i can get my dad to unblock it without using the internet will it charge me if my friends send me picture messages again?? And i do have unlimited texting i send like 20,000 in a month without the bill flying."

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you for your help and sorry for being a burden

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@DarknessTheLoneWolf wrote:
Thank you for your help and sorry for being a burden

That's what we're here for...to help...all of us. You are NOT a burden. Smiley Happy
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.