Need your talk or text logs?
zmaninc04's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 9th, 2017 2:42 AM

Do we qualify for data free?

Have at&t cell phones for family in my name and DIRECTV in spouses name. Do we qualify for that service?

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

If it's simply the 'data free streaming' you are looking for then yes you do (as long as your account is AT&T postpaid) Just download the DIRECTV app on your devices, log in, and stream away!

https://www.att.com/bundles/data-free-tv.html

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@zmaninc04 Were you able to get everything setup?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

For watching DIRECTV on my phone yes. It did almost automatically when I logged in to app on phone. But for all data, DIRECTV told me no that i would still have to pay. Which I think is not cool. We've both been customers for over 10 years respectively. And would like to take advantage of these deals. I'm tired of paying $300 a month on cell phone and data when I see all these new deals advertising prices for example $180 for 4 phones and unlimited data.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@zmaninc04 Not sure what you mean by having to pay. Anything you watch through the Directv app will not count against your data plan. Are you asking if you qualify for unlimited data? As long as the address for the directv service matches the address for your cell service, yes you qualify. The two accounts do not have to be under the same name.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

If you want the 4 phones/unlimited data/$180 deal, you need to sign up for it (and yes, you are elegible). But it is not a "free" data deal. The first phone is $100 ($40 + $60), 2nd & 3rd are $40 each, and the 4th is free. Do be aware that as with all ATT unlimited data plans, you won't be able to tether or hotspot to your devices. And phones are extra, if you have a current  Next installment.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@zmaninc04 

I don't know where this idea got started, but there is no way to get free unlimited cellular data.  Not from any carrier.  No way, no how.

customers who have bundled home internet and TV can get the $30 additional change waived to remove the data cap on HOME internet.   This has nothing to do with wireless/cellular data. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@zmaninc04 wrote:
I'm tired of paying $300 a month on cell phone and data when I see all these new deals advertising prices for example $180 for 4 phones and unlimited data.

You can get this offer. It's not 4 PHONES, it's 4 smartphone LINES. Not actual phones, phones are billed seperate.

You can switch your dataplan to this on-line, just make sure your address matches the direcTV account address.

No tethering / hotspot with the unlimited plan.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Wow I can sense the negativity. I'm sorry it was just a question. I misunderstood the ads and so I apologize for that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Ok thanks was just confused on the part where if it mattered if DIRECTV was in my name and att under spouse name, same last name and address. Yes we have iPhones not just phones.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@zmaninc04 wrote:
Ok thanks was just confused on the part where if it mattered if DIRECTV was in my name and att under spouse name, same last name and address. Yes we have iPhones not just phones.

I've read it's just the address that has to match.

FYI, do NOT combine your billing, in the forums words like "nightmare" are used when doing combined billing...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.