For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Rhiwythal's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, September 1st, 2017 11:57 PM

Directv app using my data, not supposed to

Why is this app consuming data? It's supposed to be data free. I have directv and AT&T services. My high speed data is completely used up with me knowing. It's supposed to be data free viewing. What gives? This whole directv AT&T venture is fraudulent.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@TJSVRS

What dopes.   Unlimited isn’t the magic pill.  I have a 20 gig plan, we never use it up.

I consume (rather we) about 10 gigs or less that is counted.  On any given month I may have 4 to 30 gigs of sponsored data.  Rarely do we go as high as 20 gigs.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I told the store they need a new bullet point on their zte 35 a month 1.5 gig plan...* Two hours of TV a month! Manager was in back eating lunch so will not come out....and I told the rep I am also on lunch but I have to come here....4th time. All they would do is give me another gig of data...lol. said if y'all didn't do anything this is going to be gone in an hour and a half and the definition of insanity is..

800 number people are great they just didn't know how to solve it LOL

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Same here, frustrated as heck, customer service chat and phone reps are clueless!  Have you found any solutions?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Updating to the latest iOS software fixed the issue for me. I have no idea why or if maybe it was just coincidence? But it appears to be all back to normal.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, tried that too. However my problem was that my “sponsored data” was turned to “off” in my settings. I didn’t know that was an option.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Danbinvegas wrote:
Thanks, tried that too. However my problem was that my “sponsored data” was turned to “off” in my settings. I didn’t know that was an option.

@Danbinvegas

In WHAT settings?   I’m going to guess that came from some phone rep?  

🐂💩

It’s automatic.  

There is no setting on your phone, in the App, or on your account.  If your plan allowed sponsored data (not all do) and you use the ATT apps, your data is sponsored.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Ah, the myATT app. You can also manage it online at ATT.com: select myAT&T > my wireless > manage devices and features > scroll down to “see device options” > then “see more device options” > then “manage sponsored data”..turn it ON.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Well that’s new.  And sketchy they would default to OFF.  🤨

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I think the default is “ON”, I must have mistakenly turned it OFF (not understanding what “sponsored” data was).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hey i am having same problem I have 8 gigs of high speed and when I was watching I got a warning of 750 mb left like really I'm going to there store and complaining and my phone is there new galaxy Express 3 prime 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.