For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
mikemaxwell405's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 20th, 2018 5:56 PM

DirectTV Now and Roku

DirectTV Now isn't supposed to count towards my data caps.  But my question is if I hotspot to my Roku to watch Direct TV Now will it still not draw down my data? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Repeating the question and not understanding the answer doesn’t make it a lie.

https://www.directvnow.com/data

Roku or other streaming device and laptops aren’t on the list.  

If you’re a DIRECTV NOW and AT&T Mobility or select AT&T PREPAID customer, you can stream live content on your DIRECTV NOW app over the AT&T cellular network without it counting against your data usage allowance.* It’s one of the many benefits of being an AT&T and DIRECTV NOW customer.

Compatible device list:   

Apple:
iPad iOS 10+
iPhone iOS 10+
iPod Touch iOS 10+
Android:
Android compatible devices on OS 5.0 and higher

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

No.  Directv NOW app use on your ATT mobile device is sponsored data from your wireless account.

Your streaming device is not eligible 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

YES!!! I was lied to (I asked more than once if it went towards the %)GB) by the AT&T that it would not, "Free data streaming". Image my surprise when I got my bill. $253 for seven days usage (50GB limit). It took me three days of calling to get 50% of the overage taken off. I "Chat"'d with at the Direct TV NOW site and she stated that with a Hotspot and a ROKU stick it DOES COUNT TOWARD YOU DATA. Now I have to wait to see the next months bill and hopefully get it reduced. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

That is correct for these devices:

Compatible device list:   

Apple:
iPad iOS 10+
iPhone iOS 10+
iPod Touch iOS 10+
Android:
Android compatible devices on OS 5.0 and higher

I do not see your "HotSpot" listed so it is not free. The AT&T person knew I did not have any of these devices hence the HOTSPOT was not free as I was told. Luckily I only used it for 7 days or it would have been over $1,000 for the month.

It would have been a great deal if I had one of those devices

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.