Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

DirectTV Now and Roku

Highlighted
Contributor

DirectTV Now and Roku

DirectTV Now isn't supposed to count towards my data caps.  But my question is if I hotspot to my Roku to watch Direct TV Now will it still not draw down my data? 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: DirectTV Now and Roku

No.  Directv NOW app use on your ATT mobile device is sponsored data from your wireless account.

Your streaming device is not eligible 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

YES!!! I was lied to (I asked more than once if it went towards the %)GB) by the AT&T that it would not, "Free data streaming". Image my surprise when I got my bill. $253 for seven days usage (50GB limit). It took me three days of calling to get 50% of the overage taken off. I "Chat"'d with at the Direct TV NOW site and she stated that with a Hotspot and a ROKU stick it DOES COUNT TOWARD YOU DATA. Now I have to wait to see the next months bill and hopefully get it reduced. 

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage

Repeating the question and not understanding the answer doesn’t make it a lie.

https://www.directvnow.com/data

Roku or other streaming device and laptops aren’t on the list.  

If you’re a DIRECTV NOW and AT&T Mobility or select AT&T PREPAID customer, you can stream live content on your DIRECTV NOW app over the AT&T cellular network without it counting against your data usage allowance.* It’s one of the many benefits of being an AT&T and DIRECTV NOW customer.

Compatible device list:   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

That is correct for these devices:

Compatible device list:   

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to avoid overages. View Data Usage Help!
Additional Support