Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 8, 2013
7:38:27 AM
View profile
Differences Data Plans DataConnect Pass?

Hi,

I'd like to know how AT&T make the difference between devices for the 2 plans :

- Tablets & Gaming Devices

- Computers, netbooks, aircards...etc.

For the first one, 3GB cost $30, but for the second it's $50 for only 1GB.

So what if I purchase the first one? And I'm using a AT&T Sierra mobile hotspot, that I can connect anything on it.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'd like to know how AT&T make the difference between devices for the 2 plans :

- Tablets & Gaming Devices

- Computers, netbooks, aircards...etc.

For the first one, 3GB cost $30, but for the second it's $50 for only 1GB.

So what if I purchase the first one? And I'm using a AT&T Sierra mobile hotspot, that I can connect anything on it.

Thanks,

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 8, 2013 9:16:14 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Here is a link to the terms of use: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/wireless-legal-session.jsp Click on "DataConnect Pass/iPad™/Session-Based Wireless Data Services Agreement" on the left hand side for the information you're looking for. 

I don't understand your second question. If you're asking why you're allowed  to purchase either plan, it's because we don't have any prior knowledge of the device you intend to you use it with before you purchase. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Differences Data Plans DataConnect Pass?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2013 8:55:27 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

The terms of use for tablets vs. notebooks are different. Here's an article with more information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB117142#fbid=EPni3hL70Nj

The data plan for "Internet Devices" like notebooks and hotspots is $50 for 5GB though, not for 1GB. 

Here's more information on the pricing for dataplans: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=oDfGyxczgLP

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

The terms of use for tablets vs. notebooks are different. Here's an article with more information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB117142#fbid=EPni3hL70Nj

The data plan for "Internet Devices" like notebooks and hotspots is $50 for 5GB though, not for 1GB. 

Here's more information on the pricing for dataplans: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=oDfGyxczgLP

--------------

Re: Differences Data Plans DataConnect Pass?

2 of 8 (1,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2013 8:58:57 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by t-bo on Jan 8, 2013 at 8:59:43 AM

This is not what this website says: https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/Common/ShopRatePlans.action

There is 1GB for $50.

As my topic title says, I'm talking about DataConnect Pass, not Individual Data Plans you show me on your link.

Thank you,

This is not what this website says: https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/Common/ShopRatePlans.action

There is 1GB for $50.

As my topic title says, I'm talking about DataConnect Pass, not Individual Data Plans you show me on your link.

Thank you,

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (1,639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2013 9:07:34 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

The difference in plans is because the terms of use are different though. 

--------------

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

The difference in plans is because the terms of use are different though. 

--------------

4 of 8 (1,634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2013 9:08:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

So what are the term of uses? And how I'm allowed to choose either one of the plan?

Thank you,

So what are the term of uses? And how I'm allowed to choose either one of the plan?

Thank you,

5 of 8 (1,632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 8, 2013 9:16:14 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Here is a link to the terms of use: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/wireless-legal-session.jsp Click on "DataConnect Pass/iPad™/Session-Based Wireless Data Services Agreement" on the left hand side for the information you're looking for. 

I don't understand your second question. If you're asking why you're allowed  to purchase either plan, it's because we don't have any prior knowledge of the device you intend to you use it with before you purchase. 

--------------

--------------

6 of 8 (1,630 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2013 9:29:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

I still don't see the real difference betweens the two plans, except the price. $30 for 3GB, only 300MB for the second plan at the same price (computers...etc.)

Technically, can I buy a Pass for Tablets and use it on my mobile hotspot device?

Thank you for the quick answers though.

I still don't see the real difference betweens the two plans, except the price. $30 for 3GB, only 300MB for the second plan at the same price (computers...etc.)

Technically, can I buy a Pass for Tablets and use it on my mobile hotspot device?

Thank you for the quick answers though.

7 of 8 (1,624 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2013 2:33:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

So I guess I asked to much? Smiley Happy

So I guess I asked to much? Smiley Happy

8 of 8 (1,551 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments