Need your talk or text logs?
kjakubowsk's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 6:29 PM

Closed

Didn't get the Trump alert

I heard many people in my office get the Trump alert a few minutes ago but it never came to my phone.

I have an iPhone X with IOS 12 installed.

I am on a AT&T MicroCell in the office.  Could that have caused it?  I thought everyone was supposed to get it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

None of my co-workers with at&t got the 'Presidential' test today.  Every single one is on at&t and across multiple platforms.  Is at&t not part of the WEA distribution network?

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have had the same happen to my phone, a Microsoft Lumia 950; no alert from The President. I've checked the Emergency settings in the phone and all are set correctly. I too am using a AT&T MicroCell.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I failed to get it too, on my GS7 active. I have internet calling turned on and am on my office wifi. No ATT mini cell here.

I thought it might be because I have the phone on vibrate. But I cannot find it listed either.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 years ago

Saw this on Twitter indicating some phones needed to be rebooted to receive the alert. I did receive mine at 2:18pm. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/juancpedreira/status/1047556008002957313

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, but reboot did not help on my GS7.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 years ago

@widemanf  Wonder if the 2:18PM was sat for local time?  I am on Eastern Daylight Savings time. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Husband and I did not receive the notification.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I am in the central time zone. I am the only one in my office that currently uses ATT. Everyone else got the alert at 1:18, except me. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM   are carriers collecting this data?   

( I did get notified on both my ATT and Verizon phone.). 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I was in a meeting and lots of cell phones received the alert. I have an iPhone X that is up to date with software. I rebooted my phone and still did not get the alert. I am on the phone with an AT&T csr to report that I didn't get the alert. She has no idea what I am talking about and has had me on hold for over 10 minutes. I had to explain to her that a Presidential alert went out at 2:18 today. She still did not know what I was talking about.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.