For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
0vertime's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 5:57 PM

Did personal hotspots suddenly get throttled/deprioritized?

My wife and I use personal hotspots on our phones for gaming, along with a dedicated hotspot router line.  This worked great until a few days ago.  We're on a new billing cycle and are NOT anywhere near the cap where it would start getting throttled.  Both hotspots (hers Galaxy S9 mine iPhone SE) suddenly started being super super laggy, to the point that the same games that worked last week are unplayable.  However, the dedicated mobile hotspot router on its own data-only line is fine.

Did personal hotspots in particular or xbox live on those suddenly start getting throttled?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

What plan do you have? If you have an unlimited plan with hotspot, that plan has a 10 or 15GB limit on hotspot. ATT did not previously enforce that limit, now they are.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks - but neither phone is anywhere close to that 15G limit.  It's as if it's being throttled anyway.  Is it possible there's a bug in the new enforcement?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

How close are you to 10GB? If you have a separate hotspot device on your plan, you probably have the older plan with the 10GB limit.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I checked usage online, nowhere close to the cap. 😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.