Data usage turned off

Highlighted
Contributor

Data usage turned off

When data usage is turned off can someone still use data in Twitter?

Message 3 of 5 (1,734 Views)
Contributor

Data Usage

When I turn off the data for one of my phones can the person still be able to text?
Message 1 of 5 (1,736 Views)
Expert

Re: Data Usage

JCW1946 wrote:
When I turn off the data for one of my phones can the person still be able to text?

they will be able to text but they will not be able to send a MMS message - a picture message or any message with a attachment

Message 2 of 5 (1,722 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author JCW1946
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Data usage turned off

JCW1946 wrote:

If you turn off cellular data, but leave wifi on, then applications can still use internet resources when wifi service is available.  If you put the device into "airplane mode" then all data radios will be turned off, so no data can be used at all.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (1,699 Views)
Expert

Re: Data usage turned off

GeekBoy wrote:

JCW1946 wrote:

If you turn off cellular data, but leave wifi on, then applications can still use internet resources when wifi service is available.  If you put the device into "airplane mode" then all data radios will be turned off, so no data can be used at all.

I use airplane mode when I fly since the use of cellular devices is/was (not sure of the current status with the FAA/airlines) since it also turns off the cellular call capabilities

Message 5 of 5 (1,681 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.