Need your talk or text logs?
TitusPullo's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 18th, 2019 1:10 AM

Data overage

I live and have my wireless service in NYC. There are two line on the account. I travel to San Diego once a month for work. When I am in San Diego my data is used up super fast and I reveive overage messages after only three days. I'm not roaming, I'm still in the U.S. What is causing this?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Look on your phone. It tracks all data usage and can tell you what is using the data. You control your phone, ATT doesn’t. You are also on an old plan. ATT quit charging for data overages years ago. If you don’t like paying for overages, switch to a current plan.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Overage has nothing to do with roaming.   Roaming charges have to do with roaming.  Unless you have a very old regional plan, traveling within the USA does not cause roaming charges.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Well I live in San Diego and today I used 1.1 gig every 10 minutes for a total of 10 gig.  I never streamed anything

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@waliggan wrote:

Well I live in San Diego and today I used 1.1 gig every 10 minutes for a total of 10 gig.  I never streamed anything

And where did your information come from?  Your phones data usage in its settings?   Or are you reading usage in your myATT account?  Usage report in myATT is not real time.  That data was used in the last 72 hours and posted to your account.  

Only your phone meters your data live and says what used the data.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.