For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
kr3900b's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 4:30 PM

Data not working after switch to Mobile Share

Last Thursday I changed my service to the 10gb mobile share plan on my iPhone 5S. The next day when I was off my wifi network I noticed that my data was not working all of a sudden (off wifi). I spent 30 mins troubleshooting with AT&T with no resolution. For some reason I can only access att.com domain sites but nothing else - regardless of web browser. Web apps also cannot connect using att data.

I then decided Friday evening to upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy s5 and today is my first day away from wifi and have the same exact issue with this phone - including only being able to access att websites. I spent another 30 mins with a customer service rep who tried unregistering me from the network and changing service plans ... With no luck.

Obviously this is not a device issue since it happened to both devices. It's also not a location issue since I have a secondary iPhone 5 that is working perfectly (on a different service plan)

I've been now at least five days without data... Even though I'm paying for it and don't see a resolution in sight.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

I wonder if you have a bad sim card?  Did you use the same one in both phones?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately two different SIM cards used so doubt it's that.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@kr3900b wrote:
Unfortunately two different SIM cards used so doubt it's that.

Have you called *611 form your phone (or the proper 800 number) and worked with the support team there?  I know that it is possible that your data service was not properly provisioned when you were transitioned to the new service plan.  When you call them, make sure to mention that your plan was recently changed so they can check to make sure that it is setup properly.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Different Sim cards...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Hi - I have called and spoke to two different reps each for over 30 mins troubleshooting. First on the iPhone on Friday and then today on the Samsung. I did mention my full story including how I changed the plan last Thursday but did not explicitly call out the provisioning suggestion. I would hope they would be trained to check that based on the feedback I provided. I'll be sure to mention that in my follow up.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

The mystery continues. Spent an hour this evening with a tech and still no resolution. Provisioning was checked and doesn't seem to be the issue.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.