Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 17, 2014
9:30:21 AM
View profile
Data not working after switch to Mobile Share
Last Thursday I changed my service to the 10gb mobile share plan on my iPhone 5S. The next day when I was off my wifi network I noticed that my data was not working all of a sudden (off wifi). I spent 30 mins troubleshooting with AT&T with no resolution. For some reason I can only access att.com domain sites but nothing else - regardless of web browser. Web apps also cannot connect using att data.

I then decided Friday evening to upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy s5 and today is my first day away from wifi and have the same exact issue with this phone - including only being able to access att websites. I spent another 30 mins with a customer service rep who tried unregistering me from the network and changing service plans ... With no luck.

Obviously this is not a device issue since it happened to both devices. It's also not a location issue since I have a secondary iPhone 5 that is working perfectly (on a different service plan)

I've been now at least five days without data... Even though I'm paying for it and don't see a resolution in sight.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Last Thursday I changed my service to the 10gb mobile share plan on my iPhone 5S. The next day when I was off my wifi network I noticed that my data was not working all of a sudden (off wifi). I spent 30 mins troubleshooting with AT&T with no resolution. For some reason I can only access att.com domain sites but nothing else - regardless of web browser. Web apps also cannot connect using att data.

I then decided Friday evening to upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy s5 and today is my first day away from wifi and have the same exact issue with this phone - including only being able to access att websites. I spent another 30 mins with a customer service rep who tried unregistering me from the network and changing service plans ... With no luck.

Obviously this is not a device issue since it happened to both devices. It's also not a location issue since I have a secondary iPhone 5 that is working perfectly (on a different service plan)

I've been now at least five days without data... Even though I'm paying for it and don't see a resolution in sight.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Data not working after switch to Mobile Share

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 9:32:39 AM
(0)
Mentor

I wonder if you have a bad sim card?  Did you use the same one in both phones?

I wonder if you have a bad sim card?  Did you use the same one in both phones?

Re: Data not working after switch to Mobile Share

2 of 7 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 2:49:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
Unfortunately two different SIM cards used so doubt it's that.

3 of 7 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 4:31:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

kr3900b wrote:

Have you called *611 form your phone (or the proper 800 number) and worked with the support team there?  I know that it is possible that your data service was not properly provisioned when you were transitioned to the new service plan.  When you call them, make sure to mention that your plan was recently changed so they can check to make sure that it is setup properly.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

kr3900b wrote:

Have you called *611 form your phone (or the proper 800 number) and worked with the support team there?  I know that it is possible that your data service was not properly provisioned when you were transitioned to the new service plan.  When you call them, make sure to mention that your plan was recently changed so they can check to make sure that it is setup properly.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 4:42:45 PM
(0)
Tutor
Different Sim cards...
Different Sim cards...

5 of 7 (274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 4:46:46 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hi - I have called and spoke to two different reps each for over 30 mins troubleshooting. First on the iPhone on Friday and then today on the Samsung. I did mention my full story including how I changed the plan last Thursday but did not explicitly call out the provisioning suggestion. I would hope they would be trained to check that based on the feedback I provided. I'll be sure to mention that in my follow up.
Hi - I have called and spoke to two different reps each for over 30 mins troubleshooting. First on the iPhone on Friday and then today on the Samsung. I did mention my full story including how I changed the plan last Thursday but did not explicitly call out the provisioning suggestion. I would hope they would be trained to check that based on the feedback I provided. I'll be sure to mention that in my follow up.

6 of 7 (273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 8:08:25 PM
(0)
Tutor
The mystery continues. Spent an hour this evening with a tech and still no resolution. Provisioning was checked and doesn't seem to be the issue.
The mystery continues. Spent an hour this evening with a tech and still no resolution. Provisioning was checked and doesn't seem to be the issue.

7 of 7 (256 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments