For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Sheemery's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 13th, 2015 7:18 PM

Data SCAM AT&T

I will be switching to T-Mobile soon to a plan where I will have unlimited data. I've used AT&T since it was Cingular, 12 years ago. In the last year, on 3 occasions my data skyrocketed to an amount that I am incapable of using. I call to complain and am given a hard time or schooled on how to use my phone and avoid data use. Let me ask you this, when I use my phone at 3 GB of data a month regularly then randomly one month I use 60 GB USING OT THE EXACT SAME WAY - does that sound right to you???!!? No solutions at customer service, no answers. Just basically all these tips and tricks to avoid using data. Why should I have to manage my phone this way? It's a part time job to manage this.. Closing all open apps running, closing safari, turning off data at night, turning on data just to use it, etc. I just want to use my phone freely and get the plan that suits my needs, which I have!!!! I have the 3GB data plan- I admit occasionally I go over 1 GB of data over the course of a month.
Yet, randomly I used 60 GB of data in one month and using my phone the EXACT same way I always do. SCAM! I hope you guys seriously lose the majority of your customers over this. I know you lost me. Oh and by the way, I never had to manage my data before getting these outrageous charges and was still at the same amount of data used, So I don't see how any of this is my responsibility.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Not necessarily.  

A factory reset of your phone might resolve the problem.  A large increase (this is mammoth!) is most certainly a problem with the phone.

My sister had a similar problem both her data and battery were being used up.  Her weather app had malfunctioned and was running on overdrive.  She deleted the app and solved the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.